How to integrate a roassal viz into a Spec UI

How to integrate a roassal viz into a Spec UI

jfabry
Hi all,

I am making a UI using Spec, and I want it to also contain a Roassal visualization. But it is not clear to me how to do that. If I send open to a RTView instance it opens itself in a new window, which is not what I want. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: How to integrate a roassal viz into a Spec UI

Tudor Girba-2
In Glamour, we use this incantation to get a morph:
view setUpCanvas buildMorph

Doru

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am making a UI using Spec, and I want it to also contain a Roassal visualization. But it is not clear to me how to do that. If I send open to a RTView instance it opens itself in a new window, which is not what I want. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: How to integrate a roassal viz into a Spec UI

abergel
You can get a morph with the visualization in it. For example:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
| c m |
c := TRCanvas new.
c addShape: (TRBoxShape new size: 50; color: Color blue).

m := TRMorph new canvas: c; extent: 300 @ 200; yourself.
m openInWindow
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Apr 19, 2014, at 5:30 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am making a UI using Spec, and I want it to also contain a Roassal visualization. But it is not clear to me how to do that. If I send open to a RTView instance it opens itself in a new window, which is not what I want. What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: How to integrate a roassal viz into a Spec UI

Juan Pablo Sandoval
Hello,

Some time ago, I made a RossalModel for Spec and it works in pharo 3.0. It is basically  a spec-model wrapper for a Morph.

I am no sure if it still works with the current version of Roassal. But you can found it in the attached file.

It also contains two usage examples, you can try executing these instructions in a workspace.

1) RoassalSamples new openWithSpec. "a list of Roassal visualisations"
2) RoassalEasel new openWithSpec.  "a roassal visualisation editor, please use cmd+s when finish the Roassal script."
     - For instance. you can try writting "view nodes: (1 to:10)."  and after cmd+s.

Regards,
Juampi

Hi all,

I am making a UI using Spec, and I want it to also contain a Roassal visualization. But it is not clear to me how to do that. If I send open to a RTView instance it opens itself in a new window, which is not what I want. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Saludos,
Juan Pablo

Roassal-Spec-Easel-JuanPabloSandovaAlcocer.5.mcz (5K) Download Attachment