How to intercept uploaded data

1 message Options

How to intercept uploaded data

Herbert König
Hi,

please consider the following scenario:

-The application asked the user to upload some data.
-The user selects a file but mistakenly selects the last video he
downloaded.
-At some time Aida (Smalltalk to be more precise) will run out of memory.

So here's the question:
Where to intercept the uploaded stream, count the bytes and how to
cancel the operation when a reasonable amount of data has been exceeded?

I have successfully intercepted the HTTP POST request which in its
postData underlyingCollection has the WriteStream with the uploaded
data but I have no clue about how to follow the Stream getting data
and how to abort the operation.

Any pointers welcome.

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:[hidden email]