How to know how many users are connected to my site?

How to know how many users are connected to my site?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks! I don't know if this is more Pier related or Seaside related...I just want to render something in my Pier website that says "there are XXX people viewing the site"  (in spanish hahaha). Now, the question is, is there a component for that? Value Links ?

Suppose there isn't and I will do it, how can I know from Seaside/Pier how many people is "connected" to my website?

Thanks a lot and good weekend!

Mariano

Re: How to know how many users are connected to my site?

Miguel Cobá
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Mariano Martinez
Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks! I don't know if this is more Pier related or Seaside related...I
> just want to render something in my Pier website that says "there are XXX
> people viewing the site"  (in spanish hahaha). Now, the question is, is
> there a component for that? Value Links ?
>
> Suppose there isn't and I will do it, how can I know from Seaside/Pier how
> many people is "connected" to my website?
>
> Thanks a lot and good weekend!

Some months ago there was a thread about getting "real" counts of
sessions vs logged in users.
You can search the archives but I remember that there was no easy and
reliable way to doing this.

Cheers,
Miguel Cobá

Peck<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks! I don't know if this is more Pier related or Seaside related...I
> just want to render something in my Pier website that says "there are XXX
> people viewing the site"  (in spanish hahaha). Now, the question is, is
> there a component for that? Value Links ?
>
> Suppose there isn't and I will do it, how can I know from Seaside/Pier how
> many people is "connected" to my website?
>
> Thanks a lot and good weekend!

Some months ago there was a thread about getting "real" counts of
sessions vs logged in users.
You can search the archives but I remember that there was no easy and
reliable way to doing this.

Thanks Miguel. I searched in gmane and found this:

(WASession allSubInstances select:
    [ :ea | ea isActive & (ea application name = 'yourApp' ) ]) size

That's what I need so far. So, I think I will do a Pier component for that!

Thanks

Mariano

Cheers,
Miguel Cobá