How-to load Alien FFI on Pharo?

Damien Cassou
Hi,

I saw a lot of discussions about Alien FFI 2 weeks ago. I still can't
load it on Pharo because of the following syntax error:

Ccalloc: byteSize "<Integer> ^<Integer>"
        <primitive: 'primCalloc' error: Literal constant expected ->errorCode
module: 'IA32ABI'>
        ^self primitiveFailed

Can one of you help me load it? I would like to work on CairoGraphics
(http://www.squeaksource.com/CairoGraphics.html) but this requires
Alien.

I used:

ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'AlienLoader' from:
'http://www.squeaksource.com/Alien'.
(Smalltalk at: #AlienLoader) load

Thank you

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: How-to load Alien FFI on Pharo?

Marco Schmidt
There is a package Alien-Prereqs in the repo. You need to load this package before the rest of Alien.

Marco Schmidt

Re: How-to load Alien FFI on Pharo?

Stéphane Ducasse
It would be good to have the AlienLoader fixed.

Stef

> There is a package Alien-Prereqs in the repo. You need to load this
> package
> before the rest of Alien.
>
> Marco Schmidt

Re: How-to load Alien FFI on Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
It would be good to have the AlienLoader fixed.

Yes please. I also want to load easily Alien in Pharo.

Sorry if this was asked, but is somewhere the plugin compiled for different architectures?

I mean, I want to use Alien in Windows, Linux and Mac. Is this possible? where are those files?

Thanks!

Mariano

Stef

2009/9/25 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It would be good to have the AlienLoader fixed.
>>

> Yes please. I also want to load easily Alien in Pharo.

I attached a fixed loader in another email today. Let's hope it will
soon be commited.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/9/25 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It would be good to have the AlienLoader fixed.
>>

> Yes please. I also want to load easily Alien in Pharo.

I attached a fixed loader in another email today. Let's hope it will
soon be commited.

Yeah, I tried and seems to load ok. But I couldn't run tests as I need the library ;)  I got a "a primiteve has failed"