How to load a config map into a passive image

How to load a config map into a passive image

jtuchel
hi,

I've built some nice tools for autmatic packaging and integration with Jenkins/Hudson, but now that I need to package an XD image for a headless server, it seems I need some help.

I need to prepare an XD image and load config maps into this passive image. I could live with preparing a base image where all XD stuff is preloaded and start from that, but I need a way to load my config maps into that XD passive image. How can I do that?

Joachim

Re: How to load a config map into a passive image

Marten Feldtmann-2
The tools from Thomas Koschate holds all code to automatically create
passive images, load maps etc ....

Marten

Re: How to load a config map into a passive image

Thomas Koschate-2
On Monday, July 30, 2012 4:07:15 AM UTC-4, [hidden email] wrote:

I need to prepare an XD image and load config maps into this passive image. I could live with preparing a base image where all XD stuff is preloaded and start from that, but I need a way to load my config maps into that XD passive image. How can I do that?

There's a great podcast that goes into some of the tools that do that - what was it called again?  :{)

Remember to look at my blog postings for some of the documentation:  http://omasko.wordpress.com

Tom

Re: How to load a config map into a passive image

jtuchel
Tom,

I guess I know what podcast and episode you refer to ;-)
Let me just use this as an opportunity to link to the Smalltalk Inspect  episode once again, a very valuable resource for anybody interested in Continuous Integration with VA Smalltalk.

My hope was that I could find out the bit of info I need without analyzing your code, because the tools I use aim at a similar goal by taking another route, and I was hoping to save some time by just asking for the important bit: how do I load a config map into a passive image.

OTOH, going through your blog posts again, it seems there's so much value in your code, including the build of passive images, that it's probably more than worth the effort to see if I can merge your tools and my tools. In the end we both solved similar problems...

Joachim