How to load an .image

ParadoxMachine
Hello,

I can't find any way to load an .image file into Squeak while it is running, and dragging the file to Squeak's launcher and dropping it there doesn't work.

Is there any way to load an .image file while Squeak is running, or do I have to edit Squeak's configurations file and launch Squeak whenever I want to load a specific .image file?

Thank you for reading,
-ParadoxMachine

Re: How to load an .image

ParadoxMachine
By the way, I'm using images to save projects because whenever I try to use "save projects" a squeak window with "MessageNotUnderstood: ScrapBook>>emptyScrapsBook" as its name appears, and the project isn't saved.

Re: How to load an .image

Herbert König
Hi,

Project load and save still works in 4.4.

No afaik you cannot change the image in a running squeak.

I use folders with a VM, image sources and changes.

But if like me you are relying on projects I assume 4.4 is your best option.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 07.06.2014 18:56, schrieb ParadoxMachine:

> By the way, I'm using images to save projects because whenever I try to use
> "save projects" a squeak window with "MessageNotUnderstood:
> ScrapBook>>emptyScrapsBook" as its name appears, and the project isn't
> saved.

Re: How to load an .image

ParadoxMachine
Where do I find Squeak 4.4's download?

Also, thank you for replying.

-ParadoxMachine

Re: How to load an .image

Herbert König
Hi,

this is the URL :

ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/

You may want to start with the all in one. Before you need to ask,
projects go to the Squeaklets subfolder and are installed into your
current project :-)

So you save a project from inside itself and load it one project above
in the hierarchy.

Personally I (on Win) would get the Squeak4.4-12327.zip which contains
the image and changes, then get the SqueakV41 sources.zip then get the
latest Cog VM from http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/.

Unzip everything into the same folder (as said I'm in Windows) and start
the exe.

BTW ftp.squeak.org gives you all (most?) versions of Squeak.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 07.06.2014 19:47, schrieb ParadoxMachine:

> Where do I find Squeak 4.4's download?
>
> Also, thank you for replying.
>
> -ParadoxMachine

Re: How to load an .image