How to load require.js? // AMD predefined sets

How to load require.js? // AMD predefined sets

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I made a pull request
     https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/pull/682

which adds require.js as a dependency to package.json in the amber directory.
This makes sure that the  optimizer file r.js is loaded.

In  https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/649 there is a
discussion that alternatively a grunt plugin

     https://npmjs.org/package/grunt-annotated-requirejs

should be used preferrably.

If somebody else includes 'grunt-annotated-requirejs' then that is
fine as well for me.

BTW there is a notes file in a subdirectory doc. It contains copies to
the define calls of the support directory. I would need some more
insight how the AMD predefined sets of modules are meant to work
(content, purpose).

However at the moment I want to get 'deploy-all-in-one.js' working.
There is a problem with the CSS plugin in full amber.

Regards
Hannes

Re: How to load require.js? // AMD predefined sets

Herby Vojčík
But if it eventually won't be done with direct dependency, and grunt will be used instead, then this pullreq is questionable. We do not need direct requirejs dependency and we do not need the `doc/notes.txt` either (it is your private thing if I understand corretly, or do you see it as something to publish?)...

Not to be misunderstood - it's very valuable to make require.js optimizer work and prepare all the config for it (the other files you work on); but then include only the working configs combined with grunt plugin.

 On 9/17/13, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But if it eventually won't be done with direct dependency, and grunt will be
> used instead, then this pullreq is questionable.

OK.

We do not need direct
> requirejs dependency and we do not need the `doc/notes.txt` either (it is
> your private thing if I understand corretly, or do you see it as something
> to publish?)...

These are private notes which were included inadvertently. However I
need some more insight what the predefined AMD sets are a supposed to
be and I would like to keep that information somewhere.

> Not to be misunderstood - it's very valuable to make require.js optimizer
> work and prepare all the config for it (the other files you work on); but
> then include only the working configs combined with grunt plugin.

May I ask somebody else to include the requirejs grunt plugin then?

Thank you

--Hannes