Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to load seaside currently?

NorbertHartl
When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?

Norbert
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to load seaside currently?

Camillo Bruni-3
Strange the build is green:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/

What kind of error do you get?
Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?

On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>
> Norbert

signature.asc (457 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl

Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> Strange the build is green:
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>
> What kind of error do you get?
> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?
>
It is an image I pulled just from get.pharo.org. The problem is that String>>#trimBoth is missing. The basic image has it. After trying to load seaside I see that there are *grease-core extensions on the same method. What is really strange is that the trimBoth message is missing while loading. That shouldn't even happen for overrides. Until now I don't have more information.

norbert

> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>
>> Norbert
>

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
In reply to this post by Camillo Bruni-3

>
>
>
What version does it load? And the build is building grease first and seaside as an artefact copy build-upon. Metacello is IMHO able to different things if you load the things separately. I'm trying to load grease first, too.

Norbert

>
>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>
>> Norbert
>

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
Ok, I loaded some other packages before seaside. From a fresh image I get only a warning when loading. Need to investigate more.

Norbert

>
>
>
>
>>
>> Norbert
>

Reply | Threaded
|

philippeback
This is how I load it at the moment.

It would be great to have TwitterBoostrap on smalltalkhub as well as it still lives on SS3.

In 3.0 the status/ app is broken. 3.1 fixes it but I've but my own things in there.

It works with one app, albeit I do have some issues I'll look after tomorrow morning as I am developing a new application based on that codebase.

Phil
Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
Ok, the cause should be that a project I loaded pulled in Grease from squeaksource/Seaside30. In the package Grease-Core-NickAger.70 there are method extensions for String>>#trimBoth et al. For the current pharo these are overrides. So probably seaside tried to update grease and thus removing the methods from the system. As this is a image for playing I loaded all kinds of stuff so I need some time to figure out which package it was.

Norbert

>
>
>
>
>>
>> Norbert
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Camillo Bruni-3
I can confirm the problem with #trimBoth, strange though that it does not simply override the system version but removes it.

On 2013-09-24, at 19:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, the cause should be that a project I loaded pulled in Grease from squeaksource/Seaside30. In the package Grease-Core-NickAger.70 there are method extensions for String>>#trimBoth et al. For the current pharo these are overrides. So probably seaside tried to update grease and thus removing the methods from the system. As this is a image for playing I loaded all kinds of stuff so I need some time to figure out which package it was.
>
> Norbert
>
> Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Strange the build is green:
>>
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>>
>> What kind of error do you get?
>> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?
>>
>> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>
>
>

signature.asc (457 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
in fact grease should be loaded from

SmHUB/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/

then the stable version loads version but still have dirty package because the configurations do not load the package where
the trrimboth are removed from grease.
I reported that to Stefan Eggermont and waiting for his answer.
I thought that damien cassou addressed this because we had that problem in Moose.

Stef

> I can confirm the problem with #trimBoth, strange though that it does not simply override the system version but removes it.
>
> On 2013-09-24, at 19:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, the cause should be that a project I loaded pulled in Grease from squeaksource/Seaside30. In the package Grease-Core-NickAger.70 there are method extensions for String>>#trimBoth et al. For the current pharo these are overrides. So probably seaside tried to update grease and thus removing the methods from the system. As this is a image for playing I loaded all kinds of stuff so I need some time to figure out which package it was.
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Strange the build is green:
>>>
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>>>
>>> What kind of error do you get?
>>> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?
>>>
>>> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>>>
>>>> Norbert
>>>
>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM
yes, but the configurations should be also copied into the catalog repositories (I hate that, we need a better way).

also AFAIK, the new shiny way of loading Seaside is not to use ConfigurationOfSeaside30, but ConfigurationOfSeaside3 (which is confuse too... :( )

Esteban

On Sep 25, 2013, at 8:01 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> in fact grease should be loaded from
>
> SmHUB/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/
>
> then the stable version loads version but still have dirty package because the configurations do not load the package where
> the trrimboth are removed from grease.
> I reported that to Stefan Eggermont and waiting for his answer.
> I thought that damien cassou addressed this because we had that problem in Moose.
>
>
> Stef
>
>> I can confirm the problem with #trimBoth, strange though that it does not simply override the system version but removes it.
>>
>> On 2013-09-24, at 19:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, the cause should be that a project I loaded pulled in Grease from squeaksource/Seaside30. In the package Grease-Core-NickAger.70 there are method extensions for String>>#trimBoth et al. For the current pharo these are overrides. So probably seaside tried to update grease and thus removing the methods from the system. As this is a image for playing I loaded all kinds of stuff so I need some time to figure out which package it was.
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>>
>>> Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>>> Strange the build is green:
>>>>
>>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>>>>
>>>> What kind of error do you get?
>>>> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?
>>>>
>>>> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>>>>
>>>>> Norbert
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>