How to load seaside currently?

NorbertHartl
When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?

Norbert

Re: How to load seaside currently?

Camillo Bruni-3
Strange the build is green:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/

What kind of error do you get?
Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?

Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> Strange the build is green:
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>
> What kind of error do you get?
> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?

It is an image I pulled just from get.pharo.org. The problem is that String>>#trimBoth is missing. The basic image has it. After trying to load seaside I see that there are *grease-core extensions on the same method. What is really strange is that the trimBoth message is missing while loading. That shouldn't even happen for overrides. Until now I don't have more information.

norbert

> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>
>> Norbert

Re: How to load seaside currently?

NorbertHartl

Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> Strange the build is green:
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>
> What kind of error do you get?
> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?

What version does it load? And the build is building grease first and seaside as an artefact copy build-upon. Metacello is IMHO able to different things if you load the things separately. I'm trying to load grease first, too.

Norbert

> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>
>> Norbert

Re: How to load seaside currently?

NorbertHartl
Ok, I loaded some other packages before seaside. From a fresh image I get only a warning when loading. Need to investigate more.

Norbert

Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> Strange the build is green:
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>
> What kind of error do you get?
> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?
>
> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>
>> Norbert

Re: How to load seaside currently?

philippeback
This is how I load it at the moment.

It would be great to have TwitterBoostrap on smalltalkhub as well as it still lives on SS3.

In 3.0 the status/ app is broken. 3.1 fixes it but I've but my own things in there.

It works with one app, albeit I do have some issues I'll look after tomorrow morning as I am developing a new application based on that codebase.

Phil

Re: How to load seaside currently?

NorbertHartl
Ok, the cause should be that a project I loaded pulled in Grease from squeaksource/Seaside30. In the package Grease-Core-NickAger.70 there are method extensions for String>>#trimBoth et al. For the current pharo these are overrides. So probably seaside tried to update grease and thus removing the methods from the system. As this is a image for playing I loaded all kinds of stuff so I need some time to figure out which package it was.

Norbert

Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> Strange the build is green:
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>
> What kind of error do you get?
> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?
>
> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>
>> Norbert

Re: How to load seaside currently?

Camillo Bruni-3
I can confirm the problem with #trimBoth, strange though that it does not simply override the system version but removes it.

On 2013-09-24, at 19:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, the cause should be that a project I loaded pulled in Grease from squeaksource/Seaside30. In the package Grease-Core-NickAger.70 there are method extensions for String>>#trimBoth et al. For the current pharo these are overrides. So probably seaside tried to update grease and thus removing the methods from the system. As this is a image for playing I loaded all kinds of stuff so I need some time to figure out which package it was.
>
> Norbert
>
> Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Strange the build is green:
>>
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>>
>> What kind of error do you get?
>> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?
>>
>> On 2013-09-24, at 19:03, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> When loading seaside3 from the configuration browser it will break the image badly. It isn't even possible to open a system browser after that. What is the best way to load it manually? Or better is there something new so the configuration browser can be directed to a better config?
>>>
>>> Norbert

Re: How to load seaside currently?

Stéphane Ducasse
in fact grease should be loaded from

SmHUB/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/

then the stable version loads version but still have dirty package because the configurations do not load the package where
the trrimboth are removed from grease.
I reported that to Stefan Eggermont and waiting for his answer.
I thought that damien cassou addressed this because we had that problem in Moose.

Stef

> I can confirm the problem with #trimBoth, strange though that it does not simply override the system version but removes it.
>
> On 2013-09-24, at 19:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, the cause should be that a project I loaded pulled in Grease from squeaksource/Seaside30. In the package Grease-Core-NickAger.70 there are method extensions for String>>#trimBoth et al. For the current pharo these are overrides. So probably seaside tried to update grease and thus removing the methods from the system. As this is a image for playing I loaded all kinds of stuff so I need some time to figure out which package it was.
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> Am 25.09.2013 um 00:09 schrieb Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Strange the build is green:
>>>
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/
>>>
>>> What kind of error do you get?
>>> Does it happen the same way when you download on of the images from Jenkins?

Re: How to load seaside currently?

EstebanLM
yes, but the configurations should be also copied into the catalog repositories (I hate that, we need a better way).

also AFAIK, the new shiny way of loading Seaside is not to use ConfigurationOfSeaside30, but ConfigurationOfSeaside3 (which is confuse too... :( )

Esteban