How to load seaside currently?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi Stef,

I'm able to reproduce your problems, by not cleaning the packagecache.
The new version of Grease-Pharo20-Core is pmm.1. Having a packagecache
that contains versions that seem to be newer creates loading of wrong versions.
In my case, it tried loading Grease-Pharo20-Core-pmm.17.mcz.

Sharing a packagecache between stable and development branches currently
seems to be a bad idea.

Cheers,
  Diego & Stephan

Re: How to load seaside currently?

Stéphane Ducasse

On Sep 25, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> I'm able to reproduce your problems, by not cleaning the packagecache.
> The new version of Grease-Pharo20-Core is pmm.1. Having a packagecache
> that contains versions that seem to be newer creates loading of wrong versions.
> In my case, it tried loading Grease-Pharo20-Core-pmm.17.mcz.
>
> Sharing a packagecache between stable and development branches currently
> seems to be a bad idea.

I will try to reload in a fresh setup and see.

> Cheers,
>  Diego & Stephan

Re: How to load seaside currently?

philippeback
FWIW, that ConfigurationOfSeaside3 leads to all kinds of problems when coupled with MagritteMagic and TwitterBoostrap...
The fact that those are loading Seaside30 on their own isn't helping... That name change may not have been the best thing (keeping 30 would have been better IMV).

Callbacks aren't invoked properly (like once every X clicks).

Debugging...

Phil

Philippe wrote:
>FWIW, that ConfigurationOfSeaside3 leads to all kinds of problems when coupled with MagritteMagic and TwitterBoostrap...
>The fact that those are loading Seaside30 on their own isn't helping... That name change may not have been the best thing (keeping 30 would have been better IMV).

You might want to compare with the QCMagritte build on CI. That works with TwitterBootstrap.

Stephan