How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck
I think it has been discussed a while ago but I couldn't find it. So....just a quick question, how can I use Metacello to load a real core of Seaside?
loading ConfigurationOfSeaside30 'core' takes like half an hour and install things like OB which I don't need at all (I don't need the UI for seaside adaptors if that is where it is needed).

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Mariano,

Just yesterday:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2011-August/027158.html

cheers ;-)
Johan

On 18 Aug 2011, at 10:32, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I think it has been discussed a while ago but I couldn't find it. So....just a quick question, how can I use Metacello to load a real core of Seaside?
> loading ConfigurationOfSeaside30 'core' takes like half an hour and install things like OB which I don't need at all (I don't need the UI for seaside adaptors if that is where it is needed).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

Philippe Marschall
2011/8/18 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> I think it has been discussed a while ago but I couldn't find it. So....just
> a quick question, how can I use Metacello to load a real core of Seaside?
> things like OB which I don't need at all (I don't need the UI for seaside
> adaptors if that is where it is needed).

With metacello you currently can't. It also depends on what you call
the "real core". You might want something like this:

Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'Seaside30';
  package: 'Grease-Core';
  package: 'Grease-Pharo-Core';
  package: 'Seaside-Core';
  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Core';
  package: 'Seaside-Canvas';
  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Canvas';
  package: 'Seaside-Session';
  package: 'Seaside-Component';
  package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop';
  package: 'Seaside-Flow';
  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Flow';
  load.

Cheers
Philippe

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
2011/8/18 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> I think it has been discussed a while ago but I couldn't find it. So....just
> a quick question, how can I use Metacello to load a real core of Seaside?
> things like OB which I don't need at all (I don't need the UI for seaside
> adaptors if that is where it is needed).

With metacello you currently can't. It also depends on what you call
the "real core". You might want something like this:

Gofer new
 squeaksource: 'Seaside30';
 package: 'Grease-Core';
 package: 'Grease-Pharo-Core';
 package: 'Seaside-Core';
 package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Core';
 package: 'Seaside-Canvas';
 package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Canvas';
 package: 'Seaside-Session';
 package: 'Seaside-Component';
 package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop';
 package: 'Seaside-Flow';
 package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Flow';
 load.

Thanks to both. But how can I start the server this way? do that loads a seaside adaptor?
because I tried to load Zinc-Seaside and do:

ZnZincServerAdaptor new port: 8888; start

But I receveied a #subclassResponsibility  in WAServerAdaptor >> isStopped

Cheers
Philippe

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

Philippe Marschall
2011/8/18 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Philippe Marschall
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 2011/8/18 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> > I think it has been discussed a while ago but I couldn't find it.
>> > So....just
>> > a quick question, how can I use Metacello to load a real core of
>> > Seaside?
>> > install
>> > things like OB which I don't need at all (I don't need the UI for
>> > seaside
>> > adaptors if that is where it is needed).
>>
>> With metacello you currently can't. It also depends on what you call
>> the "real core". You might want something like this:
>>
>> Gofer new
>>  squeaksource: 'Seaside30';
>>  package: 'Grease-Core';
>>  package: 'Grease-Pharo-Core';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Core';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Core';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Canvas';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Canvas';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Session';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Component';
>>  package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Flow';
>>  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Flow';
>>  load.
>>

> Thanks to both. But how can I start the server this way? do that loads a
> seaside adaptor?
> because I tried to load Zinc-Seaside and do:
>
> ZnZincServerAdaptor new port: 8888; start
>
> But I receveied a #subclassResponsibility  in WAServerAdaptor >> isStopped

You additionally need:

"load Zinc Server (assuming it's not already in your image)"
Gofer new
squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
package: 'Zinc-HTTP';
package: 'Zinc-Seaside';
load.

"Start Zinc"
(ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 8888)
codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
start.

You can find all this stuff here [1]

 [1] https://github.com/renggli/builder/tree/master/scripts

Cheers
Philippe

Re: How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

Dale Henrichs
Sigh...Can't?

Here's the definition of the Base group:

  Seaside-Core Seaside-Canvas Seaside-Session Seaside-Component
  Seaside-RenderLoop Seaside-Tools-Core Seaside-Flow Seaside-Environment
  Seaside-Widgets

Which has two additional packages (Seaside-Tools-Core and Seaside-Widgets) beyond what
you listed. If you don't mind the two extra packages just load 'Base':

  (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.5') load: 'Base'.

If you want to avoid including the extra two packages then you execute the following:

  (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.5') load:
    #('Seaside-Core' 'Seaside-Canvas' 'Seaside-Session' 'Seaside-Component'
      'Seaside-RenderLoop' 'Seaside-Flow' 'Seaside-Environment')

Dale

2011/8/18 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> Sigh...Can't?

Sorry. I misunderstood you earlier, I confused 'Base' and 'default'.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

Dale Henrichs
Well I'm sorry for the 'sigh'.

It's been a long night for me and Google propagates the info whether it is good or bad, so I felt I needed to post a correction...

You lost _me_ at Jürgenized:)

Dale