How to make Metacello ignore package cache?

How to make Metacello ignore package cache?

hernanmd
Hi guys,

Is there any way to tell Metacello to ignore the local package cache
after a failed load?

Say I tried to load:

Metacello new
    configuration: 'MyConfig';
    repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage';
    load.

Then I figure the "repository" path is missing and I add it:

Metacello new
    configuration: 'MyConfig';
    repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
    load.

And I get this exception: Could not resolve: ConfigurationOfMyConfig
[ConfigurationOfMyConfig] in
D:\Hernan\Pharo703\pharo-local\package-cache
https://github.com/hernanmd/MyPackage.git[master]

It doesn't matter if I use #onConflictUseIncoming or

MetacelloPlatform current defaultPackageCache flushCache.

I cannot find a way to specify to ignore the cache.
Any ideas?

Cheers,

Hernán

Re: How to make Metacello ignore package cache?

Dale Henrichs-3
I'm not exactly sure why you are getting the error, but the standard way
to deal with a package-cache issue (or at least eliminate the
package-cache as the real culprit) is to clear the package-cage in the
Monticello browser ...

An alternative (or next step) would be to try the following:

Metacello new
     configuration: 'MyConfig';
     repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
     get

the `get` forces a reload of ConfigurationOfMyConfig from the source
repository ...

If that doesn't work, please supply a complete Transcript of your
Metacello `get` episode, so that I can try to figure out what is going
wrong ...

Dale

On 4/26/19 10:40 AM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Is there any way to tell Metacello to ignore the local package cache
> after a failed load?
>
> Say I tried to load:
>
> Metacello new
>      configuration: 'MyConfig';
>      repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage';
>      load.
>
> Then I figure the "repository" path is missing and I add it:
>
> Metacello new
>      configuration: 'MyConfig';
>      repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
>      load.
>
> And I get this exception: Could not resolve: ConfigurationOfMyConfig
> [ConfigurationOfMyConfig] in
> D:\Hernan\Pharo703\pharo-local\package-cache
> https://github.com/hernanmd/MyPackage.git[master]
>
> It doesn't matter if I use #onConflictUseIncoming or
>
> MetacelloPlatform current defaultPackageCache flushCache.
>
> I cannot find a way to specify to ignore the cache.
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hernán

Re: How to make Metacello ignore package cache?

hernanmd
Hi Dale,

El vie., 26 abr. 2019 a las 15:12, Dale Henrichs
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> I'm not exactly sure why you are getting the error, but the standard way
> to deal with a package-cache issue (or at least eliminate the
> package-cache as the real culprit) is to clear the package-cage in the
> Monticello browser ...

Ok, I will look for a way to do it programatically.

> An alternative (or next step) would be to try the following:
>
> Metacello new
>      configuration: 'MyConfig';
>      repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
>      get
>
> the `get` forces a reload of ConfigurationOfMyConfig from the source
> repository ...
>
> If that doesn't work, please supply a complete Transcript of your
> Metacello `get` episode, so that I can try to figure out what is going
> wrong ...

The Transcript after get is:

...RETRY->ConfigurationOfGADM
...RETRY->ConfigurationOfGADM
...FAILED->ConfigurationOfGADM

This is the actual script I tried with the get:

Metacello new
     configuration: 'GADM';
     repository: 'github://hernanmd/GADM/repository';
     get.

For this repository : https://github.com/hernanmd/GADM

Cheers,

Hernán

> Dale
>
> On 4/26/19 10:40 AM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Is there any way to tell Metacello to ignore the local package cache
> > after a failed load?
> >
> > Say I tried to load:
> >
> > Metacello new
> >      configuration: 'MyConfig';
> >      repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage';
> >      load.
> >
> > Then I figure the "repository" path is missing and I add it:
> >
> > Metacello new
> >      configuration: 'MyConfig';
> >      repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
> >      load.
> >
> > And I get this exception: Could not resolve: ConfigurationOfMyConfig
> > [ConfigurationOfMyConfig] in
> > D:\Hernan\Pharo703\pharo-local\package-cache
> > https://github.com/hernanmd/MyPackage.git[master]
> >
> > It doesn't matter if I use #onConflictUseIncoming or
> >
> > MetacelloPlatform current defaultPackageCache flushCache.
> >
> > I cannot find a way to specify to ignore the cache.
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Hernán

Re: How to make Metacello ignore package cache?

Dale Henrichs-3
Hernán,

The multiple retrying messages imply that Metacello/Monticello is not
able to download the ConfigurationOf ... which points to another issue:
a ConfigurationOf cannot really be used with a git repository ... a
ConfigurationOf should only be used with a http:// repo  ... you should
be using a BaselineOf with a git repository ...

Dale

On 4/26/19 11:11 AM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> El vie., 26 abr. 2019 a las 15:12, Dale Henrichs
> (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>> I'm not exactly sure why you are getting the error, but the standard way
>> to deal with a package-cache issue (or at least eliminate the
>> package-cache as the real culprit) is to clear the package-cage in the
>> Monticello browser ...
> Ok, I will look for a way to do it programatically.
>
>> An alternative (or next step) would be to try the following:
>>
>> Metacello new
>>       configuration: 'MyConfig';
>>       repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
>>       get
>>
>> the `get` forces a reload of ConfigurationOfMyConfig from the source
>> repository ...
>>
>> If that doesn't work, please supply a complete Transcript of your
>> Metacello `get` episode, so that I can try to figure out what is going
>> wrong ...
>
> The Transcript after get is:
>
> ...RETRY->ConfigurationOfGADM
> ...RETRY->ConfigurationOfGADM
> ...FAILED->ConfigurationOfGADM
>
> This is the actual script I tried with the get:
>
> Metacello new
>       configuration: 'GADM';
>       repository: 'github://hernanmd/GADM/repository';
>       get.
>
> For this repository : https://github.com/hernanmd/GADM
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hernán
>

>> Dale
>>
>> On 4/26/19 10:40 AM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Is there any way to tell Metacello to ignore the local package cache
>>> after a failed load?
>>>
>>> Say I tried to load:
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>       configuration: 'MyConfig';
>>>       repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage';
>>>       load.
>>>
>>> Then I figure the "repository" path is missing and I add it:
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>       configuration: 'MyConfig';
>>>       repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
>>>       load.
>>>
>>> And I get this exception: Could not resolve: ConfigurationOfMyConfig
>>> [ConfigurationOfMyConfig] in
>>> D:\Hernan\Pharo703\pharo-local\package-cache
>>> https://github.com/hernanmd/MyPackage.git[master]
>>>
>>> It doesn't matter if I use #onConflictUseIncoming or
>>>
>>> MetacelloPlatform current defaultPackageCache flushCache.
>>>
>>> I cannot find a way to specify to ignore the cache.
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Hernán

Re: How to make Metacello ignore package cache?

hernanmd
I understand. I will create the BaselineOf.
Thank you Dale,

Cheers,

Hernán

El vie., 26 abr. 2019 a las 15:31, Dale Henrichs
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hernán,
>
> The multiple retrying messages imply that Metacello/Monticello is not
> able to download the ConfigurationOf ... which points to another issue:
> a ConfigurationOf cannot really be used with a git repository ... a
> ConfigurationOf should only be used with a http:// repo  ... you should
> be using a BaselineOf with a git repository ...
>
> Dale
>
> On 4/26/19 11:11 AM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
> > Hi Dale,
> >
> > El vie., 26 abr. 2019 a las 15:12, Dale Henrichs
> > (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
> >> I'm not exactly sure why you are getting the error, but the standard way
> >> to deal with a package-cache issue (or at least eliminate the
> >> package-cache as the real culprit) is to clear the package-cage in the
> >> Monticello browser ...
> > Ok, I will look for a way to do it programatically.
> >
> >> An alternative (or next step) would be to try the following:
> >>
> >> Metacello new
> >>       configuration: 'MyConfig';
> >>       repository: 'github://hernanmd/MyPackage/repository';
> >>       get
> >>
> >> the `get` forces a reload of ConfigurationOfMyConfig from the source
> >> repository ...
> >>
> >> If that doesn't work, please supply a complete Transcript of your
> >> Metacello `get` episode, so that I can try to figure out what is going
> >> wrong ...
> >
> > The Transcript after get is:
> >
> > ...RETRY->ConfigurationOfGADM
> > ...RETRY->ConfigurationOfGADM
> > ...FAILED->ConfigurationOfGADM
> >
> > This is the actual script I tried with the get:
> >
> > Metacello new
> >       configuration: 'GADM';
> >       repository: 'github://hernanmd/GADM/repository';
> >       get.
> >
> > For this repository : https://github.com/hernanmd/GADM
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Hernán
> >

> >> Dale

Re: How to make Metacello ignore package cache?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
hernanmd wrote
> Then I figure the "repository" path is missing and I add it:

Not sure if related but IIRC I’ve have to “forget” the repo in Iceberg in
similar cases

-----
Cheers,
Sean