How to modify a non-forked Iceberg repository to create a pull request

How to modify a non-forked Iceberg repository to create a pull request

Esteban A. Maringolo
I was working on something using Glorp, loaded as a Metacello
dependency cloned directly from the pharo-rdbms/Glorp GitHub repo.

Then I found what I think is a bug, make a few modifications and make
created a new commit.

I cannot commit to the `origin` remote since I'm not a member, but I
can't create a pull request, because I started from the "upstream"
repo as my base.

What should be the way to solve this without losing the local changes
(commited but not pushed)?

I thought:
- Fork the pharo-rdbms/Glorp repository in my own GitHub user
- Add a new remote (via CLI) to my Glorp local (pharo)
repositorypointing to the one at my user (emaringolo/Glorp).
- Fetch and checkout from the remote pointing to my repository
- Merge my local changes into my repository
- Push my changes
- Create a pull request from eMaringolo/Glorp to pharo-rdbms/Glorp

Is this wrong? What do you suggest?
I think this might happen to anyone who started working on some
repository that is not a fork of the canonical and then tries to make
changes to it.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: How to modify a non-forked Iceberg repository to create a pull request

gcotelli
Forth the repo
Add the remote
And just push to your remote
Then use the usual flow for pr

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: How to modify a non-forked Iceberg repository to create a pull request

Esteban A. Maringolo
Thank you Gabriel.

It was even simpler.

Esteban A. Maringolo