How to recover selections in a fastlist after an update

How to recover selections in a fastlist after an update

Steven Costiou-2

Hi,

I am using fastlists in a browser inspired from glmexamples, and when i use a stepping and that i update the browser (update method) all selections in lists are lost.

Is there an automatic way to recover the selections or does it have to be handled in my code ? If so, i don't understand how to recover my selection, if i kept the fastlist in a var, doing list selection: myObject does not do anything.

Steven.

Re: How to recover selections in a fastlist after an update

Ben Coman

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I am using fastlists in a browser inspired from glmexamples, and when i use a stepping and that i update the browser (update method) all selections in lists are lost.

Is there an automatic way to recover the selections or does it have to be handled in my code ? If so, i don't understand how to recover my selection, if i kept the fastlist in a var, doing list selection: myObject does not do anything.

Steven.

Sorry I don't know the answer, I don't know much about this part of Pharo, but I'd like to learn more.  Would it be possible for you to attach a minimal code example, so when an answer does come in, I'll have a chance to learn more about fastlist?

cheers -ben

Re: How to recover selections in a fastlist after an update

Steven Costiou-2

Hi Ben, sure.

This is my browser entry point:

adaptationsBrowser
    | browser |
    browser := GLMTabulator new.
    browser
        row: [ :r |
                column: #adaptations;
                column: #objects;
                column: #methods ].
    browser row: #diff.
    browser transmit
        to: #adaptations;
        andShow: [ :a :adaptations | self adaptations: adaptations in: a ].
    ^ browser

adaptations: adaptations in: composite
    | list |
    list := composite fastList.
    list title: 'Adaptations'.
    list display: adaptations.
    adaptationsList := list.

So my problem is that this adaptation list may change overtime. So periodically the #step method is called, the adaptation collection is updated and i also call #update to refresh the browser. However, if an adaptation was selected in the list, then calling #update will reset this selection.