How to reset everything in Seaside

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’ve tried loading the latest seaside 3 stable into pharo 6. It seemed to work ok, although the control panel doesn’t work - so I tried ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080. And then was able to use a web browser.

So far so good - however in the reddit booklet, I got to the bit where I need to configure my web app, so I went to the browser and found the page where I thought you did this - picked add - typed reddit and selected the RedditSession and then it all went wrong and I was getting a walkback about some parent class not understanding something (sorry I’ve lost the error now). I fiddled a bit more and then now I’m stuck with "Error: you are forbidden to access "/"

So my question is - how do I reset everything?

And then, does Seaside work in Pharo 6 yet?

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as it was going quite well up to this point.

Tim

Re: How to reset everything in Seaside

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 24 May 2017, at 03:18, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi - I’ve tried loading the latest seaside 3 stable into pharo 6. It seemed to work ok, although the control panel doesn’t work - so I tried ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080. And then was able to use a web browser.
>
> So far so good - however in the reddit booklet, I got to the bit where I need to configure my web app, so I went to the browser and found the page where I thought you did this - picked add - typed reddit and selected the RedditSession and then it all went wrong and I was getting a walkback about some parent class not understanding something (sorry I’ve lost the error now). I fiddled a bit more and then now I’m stuck with "Error: you are forbidden to access "/"
>
> So my question is - how do I reset everything?

Maybe

  WAAdmin clearAll

Else throw away the image ;-)

> And then, does Seaside work in Pharo 6 yet?

Of course.

> Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as it was going quite well up to this point.

You don't have to configure anything using those tools.

A bit further it says: "To install a Seaside application, a class side initialize method is typically used." Then the installation happens automagically.

Note that the tutorial is not really a step by step guide like the MOOC. It shows an implementation in '10 cool classes', which confuses the order a bit I guess.

HTH,

Sven

> Tim

Re: How to reset everything in Seaside

Tim Mackinnon
Thanks for pitching in Sven - WAAdmin clearAll didn’t seem to clear everything out - however WAEnvironment reloadApplications. Did do the trick - so thought I would mention it here in case anyone is searching.

Related to this, I had an idea, that it would be handy if these kinds of full library reset functions had a pragma so that we could have a generic “Library Control Panel” for getting things back in shape when something goes wrong.

Tim