How to run a window in full-screen mode?

How to run a window in full-screen mode?

Luke Gorrie
Hoi!

I am looking for a way to run a window in full-screen mode in Pharo. That is it should maximize, beyond the bounds that the expand button usually takes, and it should automatically resize when the world does.

I'm thinking of the GTInspector but a custom class would be fine too.

Is there a simple solution?

On Discord I got a partial solution:

window := GTInspector openOn: self.
window
  removeBoxes;
  beSticky;
  bounds: window world clearArea.

but the main problem here is that it doesn't resize when the world does.

I wonder if it would make more sense to avoid the SystemWindow and embed the inspector directly in the World somehow...?

Cheers!
-Luke

Re: How to run a window in full-screen mode?

Nicolai Hess-3-2

Hoi!

I am looking for a way to run a window in full-screen mode in Pharo. That is it should maximize, beyond the bounds that the expand button usually takes, and it should automatically resize when the world does.

I'm thinking of the GTInspector but a custom class would be fine too.

Is there a simple solution?

On Discord I got a partial solution:

window := GTInspector openOn: self.
window
  removeBoxes;
  beSticky;
  bounds: window world clearArea.

but the main problem here is that it doesn't resize when the world does.

I wonder if it would make more sense to avoid the SystemWindow and embed the inspector directly in the World somehow...?

Cheers!
-Luke

There is a FullscreenMorph

see for example
StandardWindow>>#openFullscreen

Re: How to run a window in full-screen mode?

Luke Gorrie
On 17 July 2017 at 16:02, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is a FullscreenMorph

Thanks, Nicolai! That's exactly what I need.

I wonder how I missed it in the Spotter :).