How to see output of printf invocations in VM plugins

How to see output of printf invocations in VM plugins

Kris Gybels-2
I'm wondering where the output of printf invocations in Mac VM plugins gets written to?

I'd like to see the value of 'status' that gets printed in the following line in the Mac SSL plugin:

https://code.google.com/p/squeakssl/source/browse/src/Mac%20OS/sqMacSSL.c#385

I (think I) know how to configure 'ssl->loglevel' so that the printf invocation is done, I just don't know how to see the output.

Re: How to see output of printf invocations in VM plugins

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Have you tried running the VM from the command line ?
I would think the output of stdout would appear there.

> On 21 Oct 2014, at 11:57, Kris Gybels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm wondering where the output of printf invocations in Mac VM plugins gets written to?
>
> I'd like to see the value of 'status' that gets printed in the following line in the Mac SSL plugin:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/squeakssl/source/browse/src/Mac%20OS/sqMacSSL.c#385
>
> I (think I) know how to configure 'ssl->loglevel' so that the printf invocation is done, I just don't know how to see the output.

Re: How to see output of printf invocations in VM plugins

Kris Gybels-2
> Have you tried running the VM from the command line ?
> I would think the output of stdout would appear there.

I thought I'd tried this and didn't get the plugin output.

But I tried again and it does indeed show the plugin output. Must've done something wrong before. Thanks!