Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to send mail from Gemstone?

Alejandro Zuzek
I have GLASS configured on a Ubuntu 12.04 server. Independently of GLASS, a postfix SMTP server apparently works because a command like this does send out an email:

echo "test" | mail [hidden email]

On the other hand, when I enter the following script in Topaz I immediatelly get an error message:

doit | client | client := SendMail new. client user: 'glass'; mailhostName: 'myhost.com'; smtpPort: 25; from: '[hidden email]'; to: '[hidden email]'; text: 'Greetings from GLASS'; send. %

the error message being: 

ERROR 2010 , a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject does not understand  #'isEmpty' (MessageNotUnderstood)

Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong?

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to send mail from Gemstone?

Dale Henrichs-3
Alejandro.

It looks like you using the correct code, so I'm curious about the error itself. In topaz, before running the doit, use the following settings:

level 3
  display oops

then run the doit and reply with the result of doing `where' .... the combination will give us a stack a couple of levels deep so I can see more information about the error.

Dale

To: [hidden email]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 8:47:47 PM
Subject: [GS/SS Beta] How to send mail from Gemstone?

I have GLASS configured on a Ubuntu 12.04 server. Independently of GLASS, a postfix SMTP server apparently works because a command like this does send out an email:

On the other hand, when I enter the following script in Topaz I immediatelly get an error message:

doit | client | client := SendMail new. client user: 'glass'; mailhostName: 'myhost.com'; smtpPort: 25; from: '[hidden email]'; to: '[hidden email]'; text: 'Greetings from GLASS'; send. %

the error message being: 

ERROR 2010 , a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject does not understand  #'isEmpty' (MessageNotUnderstood)

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply | Threaded
|

Alejandro Zuzek
Hi Dale,

I used the settings you suggested and run again the same piece of code and I get more information about the error, but I don't see a stack three levels deep:

-----------------------------------------------------
GemStone: Error         Nonfatal
a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject does
not understand  #'isEmpty'
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 2010  Arg Count: 4 Context : 106066689 exception : 106063873
Arg 1: [3261441 sz:7 cls: 110849 Symbol] isEmpty
Arg 2: [2 sz:0 cls: 74241 SmallInteger] 0 == 0x0
Arg 3: [20 sz:0 cls: 76289 UndefinedObject] nil
Arg 4: [106063617 sz:0 cls: 66817 Array] a Array

Thanks,

Alejandro

P.S.: Here is the code that I am running, with formatting issues fixed:

doit
| client |
client := SendMail new.
client
       user: 'glass';
       mailhostName: 'myhost.com';
       smtpPort: 25;
       to: '[hidden email]';
       text: 'Greetings from GLASS';
       send.
%

Host names are not the real ones.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Dale K Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alejandro.

It looks like you using the correct code, so I'm curious about the error itself. In topaz, before running the doit, use the following settings:

level 3
  display oops

then run the doit and reply with the result of doing `where' .... the combination will give us a stack a couple of levels deep so I can see more information about the error.

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs-3
Alejandro,

I want to see the full stack from the `where` command ... I would like to know the context of the #isEmpty message send...

Dale

To: "GemStone Seaside beta discussion" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 4:33:03 PM
Subject: Re: [GS/SS Beta] How to send mail from Gemstone?

Hi Dale,

I used the settings you suggested and run again the same piece of code and I get more information about the error, but I don't see a stack three levels deep:

Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 2010  Arg Count: 4 Context : 106066689 exception : 106063873

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply | Threaded
|

Alejandro Zuzek
Thanks Dale, you are dealing with a novice GLASS user here and I didn't get the 'where' reference initialy.

Here goes the stack trace:

topaz 1> where
==> 1 MessageNotUnderstood >> defaultAction         (envId 0) @3 line 3   [methId 4809473]
2 AbstractException >> _signalWith:             (envId 0) @5 line 25   [methId 4395521]
3 AbstractException >> signal                   (envId 0) @2 line 47   [methId 4394241]
4 Object >> doesNotUnderstand:                  (envId 0) @9 line 10   [methId 3544321]
5 Object >> _doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: (envId 0) @7 line 12   [methId 3535105]
6 SendMail >> readSmtpResult                    (envId 0) @8 line 6   [methId 51749377]
7 SendMail >> send                              (envId 0) @10 line 9   [methId 51754241]
8 Executed Code                                           @10 line 10   [methId 107650049]
9 GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC               (envId 0) @1 line 1   [methId 4509441]
  [GsProcess 107943681]

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Dale K. Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alejandro,

I want to see the full stack from the `where` command ... I would like to know the context of the #isEmpty message send...

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs-3
Alejandro,

No worries ... I assumed you were a bit more familiar with topaz:)

From the stack I can tell that GsSocket>>readString: is returning a nil result, which means that an error has occurred while reading the socket. If you change the code in SendMail>>readSmtpResult to:

result := self readString: 500.
  result ifNil: [ self error: self lastErrorString ].
  result isEmpty

an Error will be signaled with a message that should shed more light on what is happening and we'll move on from there ...

Something like this code probably ought to be added to SendMail code ... I'll submit a bug so we don't forget...

Dale

Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:04:13 PM

Thanks Dale, you are dealing with a novice GLASS user here and I didn't get the 'where' reference initialy.

topaz 1> where
==> 1 MessageNotUnderstood >> defaultAction         (envId 0) @3 line 3   [methId 4809473]
2 AbstractException >> _signalWith:             (envId 0) @5 line 25   [methId 4395521]
3 AbstractException >> signal                   (envId 0) @2 line 47   [methId 4394241]
4 Object >> doesNotUnderstand:                  (envId 0) @9 line 10   [methId 3544321]
5 Object >> _doesNotUnderstand:args:envId:reason: (envId 0) @7 line 12   [methId 3535105]
6 SendMail >> readSmtpResult                    (envId 0) @8 line 6   [methId 51749377]
7 SendMail >> send                              (envId 0) @10 line 9   [methId 51754241]
8 Executed Code                                           @10 line 10   [methId 107650049]
9 GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC               (envId 0) @1 line 1   [methId 4509441]
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply | Threaded
|

Alejandro Zuzek
Hi Dale,

I changed SendMail>>readSmtpResult as instructed with the following result after running same piece of code:

a UserDefinedError occurred (error 2318), reason:halt, recv(13,0x7f5e03d60408,50
0,0) failed with errno=107,ENOTCONN, Socket is not connected
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 2318  Arg Count: 1 Context : 174402817 exception : 174401281
Arg 1: [20 sz:0 cls: 76289 UndefinedObject] nil
topaz 1> where
==> 1 AbstractException >> _signalWith:             (envId 0) @6 line 25   [methId 4395521]
2 AbstractException >> signal                   (envId 0) @2 line 47   [methId 4394241]
3 Object >> error:                              (envId 0) @6 line 7   [methId 3420673]
4 SendMail >> readSmtpResult                    (envId 0) @10 line 6   [methId 174420225]
5 SendMail >> send                              (envId 0) @10 line 9   [methId 51754241]
6 Executed Code                                           @10 line 20   [methId 174395137]
7 GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC               (envId 0) @1 line 1   [methId 4509441]
  [GsProcess 174402817]

So it seems there never was a connection to the socket (which is being atempted before readSmtpResult is sent). I'd love to see more details about why establishing a connection failed (wrong hostname? wrong port? firewall preventing it?). I'll temporarily disable the firewall and try again.

Thanks,

Alejandro

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Dale K. Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alejandro,

From the stack I can tell that GsSocket>>readString: is returning a nil result, which means that an error has occurred while reading the socket. If you change the code in SendMail>>readSmtpResult to:

result isEmpty

an Error will be signaled with a message that should shed more light on what is happening and we'll move on from there ...

Something like this code probably ought to be added to SendMail code ... I'll submit a bug so we don't forget...

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [GS/SS Beta] How to send mail from Gemstone?

Mariano Martinez Peck
This is just to say I am having the EXACT same issue. Tried everything and nothing worked. 
Alejandro, did you finally find a way?

Thanks in advance, 

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Alejandro Zuzek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dale,

I changed SendMail>>readSmtpResult as instructed with the following result after running same piece of code:

a UserDefinedError occurred (error 2318), reason:halt, recv(13,0x7f5e03d60408,50
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 2318  Arg Count: 1 Context : 174402817 exception : 174401281
topaz 1> where
==> 1 AbstractException >> _signalWith:             (envId 0) @6 line 25   [methId 4395521]
2 AbstractException >> signal                   (envId 0) @2 line 47   [methId 4394241]
3 Object >> error:                              (envId 0) @6 line 7   [methId 3420673]
4 SendMail >> readSmtpResult                    (envId 0) @10 line 6   [methId 174420225]
5 SendMail >> send                              (envId 0) @10 line 9   [methId 51754241]
6 Executed Code                                           @10 line 20   [methId 174395137]
7 GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC               (envId 0) @1 line 1   [methId 4509441]
  [GsProcess 174402817]

So it seems there never was a connection to the socket (which is being atempted before readSmtpResult is sent). I'd love to see more details about why establishing a connection failed (wrong hostname? wrong port? firewall preventing it?). I'll temporarily disable the firewall and try again.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs-3
I've seen ENOTCONN pop up when using ZincEasy(?) on  a heavily loaded server and I "fixed" that by adding client-side retries.

Here's some info on ENOTCONN from stack overflow[1] that I found "helpful":

> ENOTCONN, as others have pointed out, simply means that the socket is not connected.
> This doesn't necessarily mean that connect failed. The socket may well have been
> connected previously, it just wasn't at the time of the call that resulted in ENOTCONN.

So perhaps, retries on an ENOTCONN  would work?

Dale

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/900042/what-causes-the-enotconn-error

On 08/11/2015 01:01 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
This is just to say I am having the EXACT same issue. Tried everything and nothing worked. 

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Johan Brichau-3
We also experienced issues sending mails using SendMail in Gemstone 3.1

What we did is replace the SendMail>>connectTo:on: methode override with the following implementation.
That works for us.

connectTo: portNumber on: aHost

"Connect the receiver to the server socket identified by portNumber and aHost. 
 aHost may be the name of the host or its address, 
 or aHost == -1 for <broadcase> , or aHost == nil for IN6ADDR_ANY_INIT .
 portNumber maybe either a SmallInteger, or the String name of a service.
 Returns true if the connection succeeded and false if not."

^ self connectTo: portNumber on: aHost timeoutMs: -1

Can you check if that works?
I think we never actually recorded this an issue on the issue tracker, but first let us know if the above works.

cheers
Johan

On 11 Aug 2015, at 22:08, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've seen ENOTCONN pop up when using ZincEasy(?) on  a heavily loaded server and I "fixed" that by adding client-side retries.

> ENOTCONN, as others have pointed out, simply means that the socket is not connected.
> This doesn't necessarily mean that connect failed. The socket may well have been
> connected previously, it just wasn't at the time of the call that resulted in ENOTCONN.

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Johan Brichau-3
Also see http://forum.world.st/Issue-358-in-glassdb-Socket-error-during-SendMail-gt-gt-readSmtpResult-leads-to-isEmpty-MNU-td4688306.html

On 12 Aug 2015, at 11:14, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

What we did is replace the SendMail>>connectTo:on: methode override with the following implementation.
That works for us.

I think we never actually recorded this an issue on the issue tracker, but first let us know if the above works.

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Alejandro Zuzek
Hi everyone,

I never found the solution to the problem I had sending mail from Gemstone, so I ended up developing an ugly workaround. I am still using Gemstone 3.1 and I will try the solutions outlined above by others.

Thanks,

Alejandro

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 6:16 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also see http://forum.world.st/Issue-358-in-glassdb-Socket-error-during-SendMail-gt-gt-readSmtpResult-leads-to-isEmpty-MNU-td4688306.html

On 12 Aug 2015, at 11:14, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

That works for us.

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Mariano Martinez Peck
In reply to this post by Johan Brichau-3

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 6:14 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

That works for us.

Thanks Johan, you nailed it. Yes, it works perfectly. 
I have a couple of other questions but i need to investigate more before asking :)

Shall we open an issue?

Thanks!

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Alejandro Zuzek
Hi,

It didn't work for me. I am running Gemstone 3.1.0.4 and after implementing that override of conectTo:on: I get does not understand for connectTo:on:timeoutMs:. I've checked and there are no implementors of that method on my system. Mariano and Johan, can you share which versions of GS you have where this solution worked? Also where in your systems is connectTo:on:timeoutMs: implemented?

Thanks,

Alejandro

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

That works for us.

I have a couple of other questions but i need to investigate more before asking :)

Shall we open an issue?

Thanks!

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Johan Brichau-3
Hi Alejandro,

This is implemented on the GsSocket class, which is the superclass of SendMail
I check this on a GS 3.1.0.6 running a recent version of GLASS1 but I recall this issue existed already in GS 3.1.0.4 running GLASS 1.0-beta-9

Johan

On 13 Aug 2015, at 06:38, Alejandro Zuzek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

It didn't work for me. I am running Gemstone 3.1.0.4 and after implementing that override of conectTo:on: I get does not understand for connectTo:on:timeoutMs:. I've checked and there are no implementors of that method on my system. Mariano and Johan, can you share which versions of GS you have where this solution worked? Also where in your systems is connectTo:on:timeoutMs: implemented?

Thanks,

Alejandro

That works for us.

Shall we open an issue?

Thanks!

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Johan Brichau-3
In reply to this post by Mariano Martinez Peck

On 12 Aug 2015, at 18:41, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Shall we open an issue?

I would like to hear someone’s more informed opinion about this “fix” because it was a bit trial and error for us…

Johan
Reply | Threaded
|

Alejandro Zuzek
In reply to this post by Johan Brichau-3
Hi Johan,

In GS 3.1.0.4 there is no implementation for connectTo:on:timeoutMs: in GsSocket. In fact, looking for implementors across the whole systems returns nothing. I am planning to jump to 3.2.7 soon, so I hope this issue is either solved in that version or at least there exists GsSocket>>connectTo:on:timeoutMs: on which base the override of connectTo:on: in SendMail. By the way, I've seen the SendMail issue as early as in 3.1.0.1, although until I can get the override to work, I am really not sure if I am experiencing the same issue as you guys or if there is any other problem in my system.

Sincerely,

Alejandro

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 4:13 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alejandro,

I check this on a GS 3.1.0.6 running a recent version of GLASS1 but I recall this issue existed already in GS 3.1.0.4 running GLASS 1.0-beta-9

Johan

Hi,

Thanks,

Alejandro

That works for us.

Shall we open an issue?

Thanks!

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Mariano Martinez Peck
The method  #connectTo:on:timeoutMs: comes from any of those GLASS packages? If true, you may want to try to use GsUpgrader. 
Which version of Seaside are you using? I wonder if getting the last Grease could break it... Johan?

Anyway,  first, make a full backup of your stone. Then, run something like:

MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [

Gofer new
  package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader)
        upgradeGLASS;
        upgradeGLASS1;
        upgradeMetacello;
        upgradeGrease.

].

I think that should bring  #connectTo:on:timeoutMs:   if this guy was from GLASS package. 

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Alejandro Zuzek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johan,

In GS 3.1.0.4 there is no implementation for connectTo:on:timeoutMs: in GsSocket. In fact, looking for implementors across the whole systems returns nothing. I am planning to jump to 3.2.7 soon, so I hope this issue is either solved in that version or at least there exists GsSocket>>connectTo:on:timeoutMs: on which base the override of connectTo:on: in SendMail. By the way, I've seen the SendMail issue as early as in 3.1.0.1, although until I can get the override to work, I am really not sure if I am experiencing the same issue as you guys or if there is any other problem in my system.

Sincerely,

Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Johan

Hi,

Thanks,

Alejandro

That works for us.

Shall we open an issue?

Thanks!

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

--

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Johan Brichau-3
I’m pretty sure this is a method that comes with the standard image you get when downloading the 3.1.0.6 web edition.
We had this issue on day 1 we started working with a 3.1.0.2 (we had no issue in 2.4.x) and fixed it like that.

So… either this is not a GLASS image at all, or something else is going on...

Johan

ps: upgrading Grease works fine even if you use Seaside 3.0.x (instead of 3.1). We are currently running that configuration in production as well.

On 13 Aug 2015, at 14:51, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

The method  #connectTo:on:timeoutMs: comes from any of those GLASS packages? If true, you may want to try to use GsUpgrader. 
Which version of Seaside are you using? I wonder if getting the last Grease could break it... Johan?

Gofer new
  load.
        upgradeGLASS;
        upgradeGLASS1;
        upgradeMetacello;
        upgradeGrease.

].

I think that should bring  #connectTo:on:timeoutMs:   if this guy was from GLASS package. 

Hi Johan,

Sincerely,

Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Johan

Hi,

Thanks,

Alejandro

That works for us.

Shall we open an issue?

Thanks!

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

--

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Alejandro Zuzek
I'm inclined to thing that GsSocket>>connectTo:on:timeoutMs: comes with the standard GS image. GsSocket>>connectTo:on: is in the 'Client Operations' category and the same is probably true for connectTo:on:timeoutMs: . If it was a method added by GLASS, I'd expect a category starting with *. Anyway, I don't have access to my system right now, but as soon as I can, I will see if just by upgrading GLASS I can get the GsSocket>>connectTo:on:timeoutMs: method. If that doesn't work, I'll upgrade to 3.2.7.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’m pretty sure this is a method that comes with the standard image you get when downloading the 3.1.0.6 web edition.
We had this issue on day 1 we started working with a 3.1.0.2 (we had no issue in 2.4.x) and fixed it like that.

So… either this is not a GLASS image at all, or something else is going on...

Johan

ps: upgrading Grease works fine even if you use Seaside 3.0.x (instead of 3.1). We are currently running that configuration in production as well.

On 13 Aug 2015, at 14:51, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Gofer new
  load.
        upgradeGLASS;
        upgradeGLASS1;
        upgradeMetacello;
        upgradeGrease.

].

Hi Johan,

Sincerely,

Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Johan

Hi,

Thanks,

Alejandro

That works for us.

Shall we open an issue?

Thanks!

cheers
Johan

Dale

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Dale,

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 174402817]

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

result isEmpty

Dale

topaz 1> where
  [GsProcess 107943681]

Alejandro,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks,

Alejandro

doit
| client |
client
       send.
%

Alejandro.

level 3
  display oops

Dale

the error message being: 

Thanks,

Alejandro

--

--

--