How to set a white background with Spec ?

How to set a white background with Spec ?

Annick
Hi,

        I am using a window with spec, where can I define a white background for it ?

Annick

Re: How to set a white background with Spec ?

jfabry

I have not tried this, I just browsed the documentation, but I am putting it here as this process usually is the right way to find answers to these questions: I looked at the spec class for windows: WindowModel and the ‘protocol' protocol to see its configuration options. None mention color. I looked at the superclass: AbstractWindowModel, and the ‘protocol’ protocol does have a color: setter.

So if you have a reference to the WindowModel for the window you are using, you should be able to set the color. Please tell me if this works for you. I think this question is a good candidate for updating the documentation.

On Sep 26, 2014, at 6:11 AM, Annick Fron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a window with spec, where can I define a white background for it ?
>
> Annick

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: How to set a white background with Spec ?

Nicolai Hess
Changes on a widget attributes can be defined when it is build.
To hook into this, use #whenBuiltDo:

|t|
t:= TextModel new.
t whenBuiltDo:[:a | a widget color: Color gray].
t openWithSpec.

I have not tried this, I just browsed the documentation, but I am putting it here as this process usually is the right way to find answers to these questions: I looked at the spec class for windows: WindowModel and the ‘protocol' protocol to see its configuration options. None mention color. I looked at the superclass: AbstractWindowModel, and the ‘protocol’ protocol does have a color: setter.

So if you have a reference to the WindowModel for the window you are using, you should be able to set the color. Please tell me if this works for you. I think this question is a good candidate for updating the documentation.

On Sep 26, 2014, at 6:11 AM, Annick Fron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       I am using a window with spec, where can I define a white background for it ?
>
> Annick

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: How to set a white background with Spec ?

stepharo
One of these days we should do a pass because I do not get why such properties are not simply handled by the model.

Stef