How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

Blondeau Vincent

Hello everyone,

In a former moose version, it was being able to do on a MooseGroup : Browse>>In Eye See Editor.

Now it is not possible…

What tool should I use to draw graphs?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Re: How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

abergel
What do you mean by graph? Simple curve?

You can use EyeSee or GraphET2.
I have recently started to work on Charter, a Roassal builder to draw graph.
You can try it:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        | b |
        b := RTCharterBuilder new.
        b extent: 400 @ 400.
        b shape ellipse color: (Color blue alpha: 0.5).
        b points: (0.0 to: 1.0 by: 0.05).
        b curve.

        b y: [ :v | v sqrt ].

        b axisXWithNumberOfTicks: 3.
        b axisYWithNumberOfTicks: 4.
        b open.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If you have particular request for Charter, we will implement them.
Charter is still very raw...

Alexandre

On Jul 24, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> In a former moose version, it was being able to do on a MooseGroup : Browse>>In Eye See Editor.
> Now it is not possible…
>
> What tool should I use to draw graphs?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vincent BLONDEAU
>

> Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
>
> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

Tudor Girba-2
EyeSee has been removed from Moose. You should use GraphET2 instead.

You can still load EyeSee separately if you want from here:

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

Blondeau Vincent

Yes by graph I mean curves.

I used GraphET to compare some curves at the same time because Charter is very low level for what I want, and EyeSee is not loaded in Moose.

So with GraphET and 2 or 3 curves that’s manageable.

But if I want to do a graph like that, with 10 curves:

How can I retrieve the names of the curves? Automatic colors and legend? Popups?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Vincent Blondeau

> [...]

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Re: How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

stepharo
Probably adding a polyline support to Trachel and use athens to draw it is the best way ( may be this is already supported).
Do not expect that printing dot like in graphEt will work.

Stef

On 30/7/14 18:01, Blondeau Vincent wrote:

Hi,

> [...]

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Re: How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

Hi Vincent,

Today I worked on what I hope will be an acceptable solution for you.
I have improved Charter to support coloring and multi-curve.

Try the following:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
| b classes normalizer |
b := RTCharterBuilder new.
b extent: 400 @ 200.

classes := RTShape withAllSubclasses.
normalizer := RTMultiLinearColorForIdentity new objects: classes.
classes do: [ :c |
| data |
data := (c methods reverseSortedAs: #numberOfLinesOfCode ).

b interaction popup.
b shape rectangle color: (normalizer rtValue: c).
b points: data.
b connectDotColor: (normalizer rtValue: c).
].

b allY: #numberOfLinesOfCode.
b stackX.

b axisXWithNumberOfTicks: 3.
b axisYWithNumberOfTicks: 4.
b open.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Here is the output:

Each square is a method and shows its source code as tooltip.

Let me know whether this is useful. And if not, how I can help.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Jul 30, 2014, at 12:01 PM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Yes by graph I mean curves.
I used GraphET to compare some curves at the same time because Charter is very low level for what I want, and EyeSee is not loaded in Moose.

So with GraphET and 2 or 3 curves that’s manageable.
But if I want to do a graph like that, with 10 curves:
<image002.png>
> [...]

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

Hi Alexandre,

That’s nice!

I succeeded to have the curves with colors and legends :)

But I would like to personalize the popupText when I hover the curve. How can I do that? Because for now it using the default print method?

By another hand, it is possible to zoom in the view by using the mouse wheel? I tried “b view @ RTZoomableView” and it didn’t work.

And the example RTRoassalExample>>exampleScrollZoom is not working either.

And one more thing, can I specify date stamps on x scale instead of array indexes?

Thanks!

> [...]

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Re: How to show graphs from the Moose panel?

Sorry for taking long to answer.

You can particularize the popup using popupText:
Here is an example
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    | b classes normalizer |
            b := RTCharterBuilder new.
            b extent: 400 @ 200.

            classes := RTShape withAllSubclasses.
            normalizer := RTMultiLinearColorForIdentity new objects: classes.
            classes do: [ :c |
                        | data |
                        data := (c methods reverseSortedAs: #numberOfLinesOfCode ).

                        b interaction popupText: [ :aMethod | 'Method ', aMethod selector, ' which is ', aMethod numberOfLinesOfCode printString, ' long' ].
                        b shape rectangle color: (normalizer rtValue: c).
                        b points: data.
                        b connectDotColor: (normalizer rtValue: c).
            ].

            b allY: #numberOfLinesOfCode.
            b stackX.

            b axisXWithNumberOfTicks: 3.
            b axisYWithNumberOfTicks: 4.
            b open.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

and its screenshot:

I had no problem using "b view @ RTZoomableView”. Maybe the version you had in August 1 did not work. But the last version of Roassal works well.

I made the following video:

Regarding the date, yes, this is something interesting.
However it is not supported for now. I am not quite sure how to do it. The immediate solution, is to convert the date into a numerical value.

Here are some examples:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
methods := RTObject withAllSubclasses flatCollect: #methods.
greatestAge := (methods collect: [ :m | m date asUnixTime ]) min.

b := RTCharterBuilder new.
b extent: 300 @ 300.
b shape circle color: (Color red alpha: 0.3); size: 5.
b points: methods.
b x: [ :m | (m date asUnixTime - greatestAge) / 3600 ] .
b y: #numberOfLinesOfCode.

b axisXWithNumberOfTicks: 4.
b axisYWithNumberOfTicks: 4.
b open
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
| methodsRoassal methodsTrachel greatestAge b |
methodsRoassal := RTObject withAllSubclasses flatCollect: #methods.
methodsTrachel := TRObject withAllSubclasses flatCollect: #methods.

methodsRoassal := methodsRoassal select: [ :m | m numberOfLinesOfCode < 300 ].
methodsTrachel := methodsTrachel select: [ :m | m numberOfLinesOfCode < 300 ].

greatestAge := (methodsTrachel , methodsRoassal collect: [ :m | m date asUnixTime ]) min.

b := RTCharterBuilder new.
b extent: 300 @ 300.
b interaction popup.

b shape circle color: (Color blue alpha: 0.3); size: 5.
b points: methodsRoassal.

b shape circle color: (Color red alpha: 0.3); size: 5.
b points: methodsTrachel.

b allX: [ :m | (m date asUnixTime - greatestAge) / 3600 ] .