How to show up special words in HTML?

Eno

How to show up special words in HTML?

Eno

I'm using bootstrap templates by Amber.

there are  '&raquo' and '&copy' special words in the html source files, which will be transformed to symbols but

I found that  Amber could not  show the correct rendered symbol ...

I'm coding this way: html p with: '© Company 2013'.

How to overcome?

thanks.

Re: How to show up special words in HTML?

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi,

I just tried this in my browser.

If I add the '©' inside the HTML file which gets loaded the conversion to a symbol happens correctly.

However, if I open the web inspector of the browser (no Amber involved) and add '©' to any of the tags (even replacing a correctly rendered '(c)' symbol) it gets rendered as a string and not as a symbol.
It seems like the browser does not rerender the string to replace it with the correct symbol.

So I am not sure, if it is a problem with Amber or with adding content like this dynamically to the DOM.
Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area can step in now :-)

Best,
Manfred

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM, EnoX1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm using bootstrap templates by Amber.

there are  '&raquo' and '&copy' special words in the html source files, which will be transformed to symbols but

I found that  Amber could not  show the correct rendered symbol ...

I'm coding this way: html p with: '&copy; Company 2013'.

How to overcome?

thanks.

Re: How to show up special words in HTML?

Andy Balholm-2
When you add text with the html with: message, it is inserted as text, not as HTML. So any escaping that is necessary to keep it the same is done to it. (Or something else equivalent happens under the hood.) So if you try to insert '&copy' you actually get '&amp;copy' so that it looks like '&copy' on the screen.

If I remember right, you can do something like html entity:'copy'. Or you could probably just paste the unicode copyright symbol in your source code.