How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Rick Flower
I downloaded VW several weeks ago and the ISO image
I got simply said VW7.7NC..   I see no obvious sign
that I'm running 7.7.1.. Is it easy to tell if I'm
running 7.7.1?  Just curious.. Thx!

-- Rick

Re: How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [vwnc] How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

ObjectMemory versionId

See method's comment for breakdown of the returned byte array.

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

Re: How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Nowak, Helge
The non commercial version of 7.7.1 is not available yet. So you will hardly find a sign that you are running 7.7.1 ;-)

Cheers
Helge

Re: How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Rick Flower
Ahh.. That was one thing I was kind of thinking
in the back of my head.. :)

Paying customers first!  I'll be one soon
enough!

Thx!

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:38:18 +0100, "Nowak, Helge" <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> The non commercial version of 7.7.1 is not available yet. So you will
> hardly find a sign that you are running 7.7.1 ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Helge

Auftrag

> von Rick Flower
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. August 2010 19:33
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: [vwnc] How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?
>
> I downloaded VW several weeks ago and the ISO image
> I got simply said VW7.7NC..   I see no obvious sign
> that I'm running 7.7.1.. Is it easy to tell if I'm
> running 7.7.1?  Just curious.. Thx!
>
> -- Rick

Re: How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [vwnc] How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Sign up for vw-dev, it's free :)

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

wrote:
> The non commercial version of 7.7.1 is not available yet. So you will
> hardly find a sign that you are running 7.7.1 ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Helge

Auftrag
> von Rick Flower
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. August 2010 19:33
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: [vwnc] How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?
>
> I downloaded VW several weeks ago and the ISO image
> I got simply said VW7.7NC..   I see no obvious sign
> that I'm running 7.7.1.. Is it easy to tell if I'm
> running 7.7.1?  Just curious.. Thx!
>
> -- Rick

Re: How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Provoost, P (Paul)

What about http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/pub/cstnc/visualworks/vwnc7.7.1/CST10NC_jul10.2.iso ?

Cheers,

Paul

In answer to:

wrote:
> The non commercial version of 7.7.1 is not available yet. So you will
> hardly find a sign that you are running 7.7.1 ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Helge

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If this email contains an offer, that should be considered as an invitation to treat.

Re: How to tell if I'm running VW7.7.1?

Nowak, Helge
That's not the official nc release and not the official download location

Cheers
Helge