How to test Topaz scripts?

GLASS mailing list

Hi all,

I would like to test fileOuts in Topaz input format automatically with Gemstone.

Idea: define a test case in GBS on windows in which:

1.       A session is opened with a stone

2.       A generated fileOut is sent to Gemstone to be processed like the INPUT command in Topaz

3.       Check things on gemstone

4.       Cleanup and logout

How can I do this?

It seems that Topaz is not implemented in Gemstone Smalltalk but has its own syntax processing.

Perhaps it would be possible to use Topaz programatically through stdio?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

                Christian

Re: How to test Topaz scripts?

GLASS mailing list
Christian,

Gemstone has a #performOnServer command (or something close to that).  This runs a OS level shell script.  When things are setup correctly, you can use this to run topaz scripts on demand.  Getting your shell environment setup on the gemstone side can be tricky.  but once thats done, it should work well.
We used to use that here to start/stop jobs and get status reports.  Our gemstone version is VERY old, so hopefully that function is still present in the current version.