How to translate dates in Pier?

Dennis Schetinin
Hi!

What is a good way to translate dates (for example) on a Pier site? If I put Russian words in ChronolyConstants class >> initialize, site stops to work (because of incorrect Date representation in HTTP response?). For sure, I can hack it in some places by using something like #printStringRussian, but it's ugly. Is there a better solution? TIA

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: How to translate dates in Pier?

Lukas Renggli
Where do you want to show the russian dates in Pier?

Lukas

On 5 October 2011 19:27, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
> What is a good way to translate dates (for example) on a Pier site? If I put
> Russian words in ChronolyConstants class >> initialize, site stops to work
> (because of incorrect Date representation in HTTP response?). For sure, I
> can hack it in some places by using something like #printStringRussian, but
> it's ugly. Is there a better solution? TIA
> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How to translate dates in Pier?

Dennis Schetinin
Blog posts, for instance.

2011/10/5 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
Where do you want to show the russian dates in Pier?

Lukas

On 5 October 2011 19:27, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> What is a good way to translate dates (for example) on a Pier site? If I put
> Russian words in ChronolyConstants class >> initialize, site stops to work
> (because of incorrect Date representation in HTTP response?). For sure, I
> can hack it in some places by using something like #printStringRussian, but
> it's ugly. Is there a better solution? TIA
> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Dennis Schetinin

Re: How to translate dates in Pier?

Dennis Schetinin

2011/10/5 Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]>
Blog posts, for instance.

… including Tickers

2011/10/5 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
Where do you want to show the russian dates in Pier?

Lukas

On 5 October 2011 19:27, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> What is a good way to translate dates (for example) on a Pier site? If I put
> Russian words in ChronolyConstants class >> initialize, site stops to work
> (because of incorrect Date representation in HTTP response?). For sure, I
> can hack it in some places by using something like #printStringRussian, but
> it's ugly. Is there a better solution? TIA
> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Dennis Schetinin

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: How to translate dates in Pier?

Lukas Renggli
Aha, yes this is difficult because you cannot change the way dates are
printed by default. That does not only break the web server, but also
the compiler/monticello.

I would fork the Pier packages you need to change, there shouldn't be
too many places to change.

Lukas

On 5 October 2011 20:04, Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/10/5 Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Blog posts, for instance.
>
> … including Tickers
>

>> 2011/10/5 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Where do you want to show the russian dates in Pier?
>>>
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch