How to translate strings in Home.pr

Xin Wang
Hi all,

It seems that strings in Home.pr does not exists in po files, so how
can I translate these strings: "make a project", "gallery of projects"
and "tutorials and demos"?

Thanks,
Xin Wang

Re: How to translate strings in Home.pr

Bert Freudenberg
On 17.05.2011, at 01:40, Xin Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seems that strings in Home.pr does not exists in po files, so how
> can I translate these strings: "make a project", "gallery of projects"
> and "tutorials and demos"?

They are translated directly, not using po files. See

http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/How+to+translate+Projects

Because this is cumbersome, we have only done it for the Home project so far. Would be nice to have a tool that exports all translatable texts as a PO file. We could hopefully use that for the example projects, too. (hint: look at how "Project current locales" works)

- Bert -

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17.05.2011, at 01:40, Xin Wang wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It seems that strings in Home.pr does not exists in po files, so how
>> can I translate these strings: "make a project", "gallery of projects"
>> and "tutorials and demos"?
>
> They are translated directly, not using po files. See
>
> http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/How+to+translate+Projects
>
> Because this is cumbersome, we have only done it for the Home project so far. Would be nice to have a tool that exports all translatable texts as a PO file. We could hopefully use that for the example projects, too. (hint: look at how "Project current locales" works)
>
> - Bert -

Thanks. Could you add following Chinese translations into home.pr? Or
should I send a translated home.pr directly?

-----
make a project 新建一个作品

gallery of projects 作品展览馆

tutorials and demos 教程和演示
-----

Text layout is showed in following screenshot:

http://img838.imageshack.us/i/homeprojectchinesetrans.png/

On 18.05.2011, at 00:07, Xin Wang wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 17.05.2011, at 01:40, Xin Wang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> It seems that strings in Home.pr does not exists in po files, so how
>>> can I translate these strings: "make a project", "gallery of projects"
>>> and "tutorials and demos"?
>>
>> They are translated directly, not using po files. See
>>
>> http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/How+to+translate+Projects
>>
>> Because this is cumbersome, we have only done it for the Home project so far. Would be nice to have a tool that exports all translatable texts as a PO file. We could hopefully use that for the example projects, too. (hint: look at how "Project current locales" works)
>>
>> - Bert -
>>

> Thanks. Could you add following Chinese translations into home.pr? Or
> should I send a translated home.pr directly?
>
> -----
> make a project 新建一个作品
>
> gallery of projects 作品展览馆
>
> tutorials and demos 教程和演示
> -----
>
> Text layout is showed in following screenshot:
>
> http://img838.imageshack.us/i/homeprojectchinesetrans.png/

Please attach the updated project to a ticket in the bug tracker.

- Bert -

OK, I have created a new issue: http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-930

--
Xin Wang