How to use Gopher with https ?

GLASS mailing list

I tried to load packages via

Gofer new

   url: 'https://....' ;
   package: '...' ;
   load.

but I only get errors like 'UserDefinedError: Reading a number failed: a digit between 0 and 9 expected' when using https. Working with http is ok.

Marten

Re: How to use Gopher with https ?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Marten,

I think thats the error that comes up when you haven't told GemStone where to look for client certificates, which you need to do for every session you want to use HTTPS connections.

On Ubuntu, you can run

GsSecureSocket
    useCACertificateFileForClients: '/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt'

Hope that helps.

Paul

GLASS mailing list wrote
<!DOCTYPE html>