How to use an External Library method ?

RussVanRooy
Hi Dolphin folks ! Congratulations on the new Dolphin 5.0 XP - it's
very cool ! I've been getting back into my very beginner level
smalltalk progamming and I would like to know what I need to do in
order to use the WinInetLibrary.
Specifically have created a button on a shell view that calls a method
that will do the following:
WinInetLibrary new ping:'www.microsoft'. Clicking on the button causes
a walkback.

It states:

WinInetLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
WinInetLibrary>>internetCheckConnection:dwFlags:dwReserved:
WinInetLibrary>>ping:
PIngTool>>command
Symbol>>forwardTo:
CommandDescription>>performAgainst:
[] in Command>>value
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Command>>value

What am I doing wrong ? Thanks !
- Russ

Re: How to use an External Library method ?

Roberto Lupi-2
In article
<[hidden email]>,
[hidden email] says...
> Specifically have created a button on a shell view that calls a method
> that will do the following:
> WinInetLibrary new ping:'www.microsoft'. Clicking on the button causes
> a walkback.

[cut]

> What am I doing wrong ? Thanks !

WinInetLibrary default ping: 'http://www.microsoft.com/'

WinInetLibrary>>ping: requires an URL, not a hostname.

--
Roberto Lupi

RE: How to use an External Library method ?

Germán S. Arduino
Hello Roberto:

I ever get "False".

What I'm making wrong?

Thanks and Best Regards.

---
Germán Arduino.

Roberto Lupi <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
[hidden email]...

> In article
> <[hidden email]>,
> [hidden email] says...
> > Specifically have created a button on a shell view that calls a method
> > that will do the following:
> > WinInetLibrary new ping:'www.microsoft'. Clicking on the button causes
> > a walkback.
>
> [cut]
>
> > What am I doing wrong ? Thanks !
>
> WinInetLibrary default ping: 'http://www.microsoft.com/'
>
> WinInetLibrary>>ping: requires an URL, not a hostname.
>
> --
> Roberto Lupi

Re: How to use an External Library method ?

Ian Bartholomew-13
Germán,

> I ever get "False".
>
> What I'm making wrong?

It works as expected from here.

Have you got a firewall that might be blocking the outgoing connection?. If
so you will need to tell it to allow traffic from Dolphin.exe.

You could also try pinging from a DOS prompt to see if that works.

Ian

Re: How to use an External Library method ?

Germán S. Arduino
Thanks by the help Ian.

I've tried in a private network and works, but with a dial-up connection to
a common ISP don't works.

I will call my ISP provider to ask about the firewall.

Thanks Again and Best Regards.

---
Germán Arduino