How turn on Halo's?

Denis Kudriashov
Hello

Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Lukas Renggli
Apple+Shift+Click displays the halos on my system.

Lukas

2010/5/22 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>:
> Hello
>
> Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: How turn on Halo's?

denis in pharo halos are there but only when you really want them. :)

Stef

On May 22, 2010, at 7:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Denis Kudriashov
Thanks.

2010/5/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
denis in pharo halos are there but only when you really want them. :)

Stef

On May 22, 2010, at 7:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Mariano Martinez Peck
and in Linux and windows ?

2010/5/22 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>
Thanks.

2010/5/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

denis in pharo halos are there but only when you really want them. :)

Stef

On May 22, 2010, at 7:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Denis Kudriashov
On my Windows Halo activated by shift-alt-click

2010/5/22 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
and in Linux and windows ?

2010/5/22 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>
Thanks.

2010/5/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

denis in pharo halos are there but only when you really want them. :)

Stef

On May 22, 2010, at 7:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks.

http://book.pharo-project.org/book/TipsAndTricks/HowToTurnOnHalos/

Feel free to improve it.

Cheers

Mariano

2010/5/22 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>
On my Windows Halo activated by shift-alt-click

2010/5/22 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

and in Linux and windows ?

2010/5/22 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>
Thanks.

2010/5/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

denis in pharo halos are there but only when you really want them. :)

Stef

On May 22, 2010, at 7:18 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
in pharo halos are there but only when you really want them. :)
In Squeak, you can cycle through the halos either front to back or reverse. I'd like to get that behavior back on my personal images as I use it all the time. Does anyone know where the functionality lived? I checked the issue tracker but didn't find the actual code that was integrated to remove it.

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 24 Nov 2011, at 16:42, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote
>>
>> in pharo halos are there but only when you really want them. :)
>>

> In Squeak, you can cycle through the halos either front to back or reverse.
> I'd like to get that behavior back on my personal images as I use it all the
> time. Does anyone know where the functionality lived? I checked the issue
> tracker but didn't find the actual code that was integrated to remove it.
>
> Thanks.
> Sean

On my Mac it is

        option-shift-click for show halos
        ctrl-click for the menu

HTH,

Sven

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
        option-shift-click for show halos
Yes, that cycles from front to back. What was removed was back to front (option-click)
Cheers,
Sean

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Helene Bilbo
Denis Kudriashov wrote
Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?
I love the rotating Morphs in Squeak! I found the functionality still in Pharo, but only in RectangleMorph. But it seems to work fine to just copy the methods from the t-rotating category of RectangleMorph back into Morph.

So Browsers can be rotated again, while you type text into them :)

I think it’s a very important feature, even if it is of no professional use. really.

Best regards,
Helene.

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Henrik Sperre Johansen
On 25.11.2011 22:18, Helene Bilbo wrote:

> Denis Kudriashov wrote
>> Can I turn on halos. And is rotating morphs supported in pharo?
>>
> I love the rotating Morphs in Squeak! I found the functionality still in
> Pharo, but only in RectangleMorph. But it seems to work fine to just copy
> the methods from the t-rotating category of RectangleMorph back into Morph.
>
> So Browsers can be rotated again, while you type text into them :)
>
> I think it’s a very important feature, even if it is of no professional use.
> really.
>
> Best regards,
> Helene.

Yes, it's possible, see Transform/Transformation morphs which are still
there.
Be aware though, if invalidating the morph often enough (say, resizing
without fastDrag), it will generate enough garbage through temporary
bitmaps that the garbage collector gets stressed out and the image can
"hangs".
http://forum.world.st/Canvas-transform-bug-when-rendering-text-td1754208.html#a1819156

I imagine this will be much simpler and easier to do in a path-based
Canvas like Athens.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: How turn on Halo's?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Does anyone know where the functionality lived?
Found it! Add the so-commented two lines below to restore two-way halo cycling. Am I the only one who misses this or should I add a setting?

Morph>>handlerForBlueButtonDown: anEvent
        "Return the (prospective) handler for a mouse down event. The handler is temporarily installed and can be used for morphs further down the hierarchy to negotiate whether the inner or the outer morph should finally handle the event.
        Note: Halos handle blue button events themselves so we will only be asked if there is currently no halo on top of us."
        self wantsHaloFromClick ifFalse:[^nil].

        "Add next two lines to restore two-way halo cycling"
        anEvent handler ifNil:[^self].
        (anEvent handler isKindOf: PasteUpMorph) ifTrue:[^self].

        (anEvent shiftPressed)
                ifFalse:[^nil] "let outer guy have it"
                ifTrue:[^self] "let me have it"
Cheers,