HowToContribute wiki page

SergeStinckwich
Hi,
i'm currently reading this page :
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
and it's not really clear when someone do not need to make a
modification to several packages ...
I guess you have to publish to modified package to PharoInbox also.

Best regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: HowToContribute wiki page

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm currently reading this page :
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
> and it's not really clear when someone do not need to make a
> modification to several packages ...
> I guess you have to publish to modified package to PharoInbox also.

Serge
you should publish the slice and it will automatically publish the
modified packages.

Stef

> Best regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: HowToContribute wiki page

Adrian Lienhard

On Mar 23, 2009, at 09:26 , Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm currently reading this page :
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
> and it's not really clear when someone do not need to make a
> modification to several packages ...
> I guess you have to publish to modified package to PharoInbox also.

Yes. In this case, no SLICE package is needed.

We could also mention that instead of going through PharoInbox,
creating a changeset and attaching it to the issue in the tracker is
an alternative (which sometimes is much less time consuming).

Adrian

> Best regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: HowToContribute wiki page

SergeStinckwich
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i'm currently reading this page :
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
>> and it's not really clear when someone do not need to make a
>> modification to several packages ...
>> I guess you have to publish to modified package to PharoInbox also.
>
> Serge
> you should publish the slice and it will automatically publish the
> modified packages.

But when only one package is modified, you need a slice also ?

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2009, at 09:26 , Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i'm currently reading this page :
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
>> and it's not really clear when someone do not need to make a
>> modification to several packages ...
>> I guess you have to publish to modified package to PharoInbox also.
>
> Yes. In this case, no SLICE package is needed.

Ok, the page should be more clear about that ... the page is mostly
focused on the SLICE case.

> We could also mention that instead of going through PharoInbox,
> creating a changeset and attaching it to the issue in the tracker is
> an alternative (which sometimes is much less time consuming).

Yes, i agree.

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: HowToContribute wiki page

SergeStinckwich
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Serge Stinckwich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 23, 2009, at 09:26 , Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> i'm currently reading this page :
>>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
>>> and it's not really clear when someone do not need to make a
>>> modification to several packages ...
>>> I guess you have to publish to modified package to PharoInbox also.
>>
>> Yes. In this case, no SLICE package is needed.
>
> Ok, the page should be more clear about that ... the page is mostly
> focused on the SLICE case.

Ok, i reword a little bit the page.