Howto register App with Bootstrap4

OswallVernyAC
Cheers,
Howto I register an application in Bootstrap4?
I'm having trouble registering it.
For example, if I use Bootstrap3 the registry like this:

app := WAAdmin register: ProductView1 asApplicationAt: 'productview1'.
app
    addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
    addLibrary: TBSSelectDeploymentLibrary;
    addLibrary: TBSDevelopmentLibrary.

What would be the best way to do it for Bootstrap4.
Which libraries should you add to register a Seaside component as an application in Bootstrap4.

Thanks in advance,

Oswall

Re: Howto register App with Bootstrap4

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Oswall,

app := WAAdmin register: ProductView1 asApplicationAt: 'productview1'.
app
    addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
    addLibrary: TBSSelectDeploymentLibrary;
    addLibrary: SBSDevelopmentLibrary.

Keep in mind that the TBSSelect (if it's the same I did at [1]) wasn't
tested with Bootstrap 4.

Also, BS4 uses a different canvas (SBSHtmlCanvas, subclass of
WAHtmlCanvas). Navigate the examples for further information.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:21 PM Oswall Verny Arguedas C.
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cheers,
> Howto I register an application in Bootstrap4?
> I'm having trouble registering it.
> For example, if I use Bootstrap3 the registry like this:
>
> app := WAAdmin register: ProductView1 asApplicationAt: 'productview1'.
> app
>     addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSSelectDeploymentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSDevelopmentLibrary.
>
> What would be the best way to do it for Bootstrap4.
> Which libraries should you add to register a Seaside component as an application in Bootstrap4.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Oswall

Re: Howto register App with Bootstrap4

OswallVernyAC
Hi Esteban
I did a simple test in a clean image Pharo7:

WAComponent subclass: #Prueba1
instanceVariableNames: 'id nombre'
classVariableNames: ''
package: 'PruebasBootstrap4'

With Render:

renderContentOn: html
  html text: 'Test1'; break.
  html strong: 'Bootstrap4'.
  html alert bePrimary with: 'A simple primary alert'.

With App Register:

|app|
app := WAAdmin register: Prueba1 asApplicationAt: 'prueba1'.
app
    addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
    addLibrary: SBSDevelopmentLibrary.

However, it generates the following error:

Seaside Walkback
MessageNotUnderstood: WAHtmlCanvas>>alert
Debug Proceed Full Stack

Possible Causes
you sent a message this type of object doesn't understand
Stack Trace

thisContext
    WAHtmlCanvas(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #alert
self
    a WAHtmlCanvas
thisContext
     PruebasNexuzView>>renderContentOn:
self
    a PruebasNexuzView
thisContext
    WARenderVisitor>>visitPainter:
self
    a WARenderVisitor
thisContext
    WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
self
    a WARenderVisitor
thisContext
   WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitComponent:
self
   a WARenderVisitor

You do not understand the render for Bootstrap4. The examples do run correctly.
I think I am missing something in the configuration of the component.

Thanks in advance
Oswall

Hi Oswall,

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cheers,
> Howto I register an application in Bootstrap4?
> I'm having trouble registering it.
> For example, if I use Bootstrap3 the registry like this:
>
> app := WAAdmin register: ProductView1 asApplicationAt: 'productview1'.
> app
>     addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSSelectDeploymentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSDevelopmentLibrary.
>
> What would be the best way to do it for Bootstrap4.
> Which libraries should you add to register a Seaside component as an application in Bootstrap4.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Oswall

Re: Howto register App with Bootstrap4

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

You need to specify SBSHtmlCanvas as the renderer class of your component.

So you either subclass SBSComponent as follows:

SBSComponent subclass: #Prueba1
instanceVariableNames: 'id nombre'
classVariableNames: ''
package: 'PruebasBootstrap4'

Or implement
Prueba1>>#rendererClass

^SBSHtmlCanvas

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cheers,
> Howto I register an application in Bootstrap4?
> I'm having trouble registering it.
> For example, if I use Bootstrap3 the registry like this:
>
> app := WAAdmin register: ProductView1 asApplicationAt: 'productview1'.
> app
>     addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSSelectDeploymentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSDevelopmentLibrary.
>
> What would be the best way to do it for Bootstrap4.
> Which libraries should you add to register a Seaside component as an application in Bootstrap4.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Oswall

Re: Howto register App with Bootstrap4

OswallVernyAC
Solved!
Both options work

Thank you very much
Oswall

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cheers,
> Howto I register an application in Bootstrap4?
> I'm having trouble registering it.
> For example, if I use Bootstrap3 the registry like this:
>
> app := WAAdmin register: ProductView1 asApplicationAt: 'productview1'.
> app
>     addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSSelectDeploymentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSDevelopmentLibrary.
>
> What would be the best way to do it for Bootstrap4.
> Which libraries should you add to register a Seaside component as an application in Bootstrap4.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Oswall

Re: Howto register App with Bootstrap4

Esteban A. Maringolo
Maybe it's obvious, but If you subclass SBSComponent  you don't need to define #rendererClass in your subclass.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cheers,
> Howto I register an application in Bootstrap4?
> I'm having trouble registering it.
> For example, if I use Bootstrap3 the registry like this:
>
> app := WAAdmin register: ProductView1 asApplicationAt: 'productview1'.
> app
>     addLibrary: JQDevelopmentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSSelectDeploymentLibrary;
>     addLibrary: TBSDevelopmentLibrary.
>
> What would be the best way to do it for Bootstrap4.
> Which libraries should you add to register a Seaside component as an application in Bootstrap4.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Oswall

Re: Howto register App with Bootstrap4

OswallVernyAC
Correct, I tested the options individually.
I will use #rendererClass.
I will pass an App from Bootstrap3 to Bootstrap4.

Thanks Esteban

Oswall