Howto remove...

Travis Griggs
...the latest version of a package from a repository? The Store
"Garbage Collection" tool lets you do "before date". I want "after
date".

Thanks.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions
described at
http://www.key.net/disclaimer.htm

Re: Howto remove...

Martin McClure
Travis Griggs wrote:
> ...the latest version of a package from a repository? The Store
> "Garbage Collection" tool lets you do "before date". I want "after  date".

It would be nice to have this, as well as just garbage collecting
specific versions from a version list. The only way I know of with the
current tool to do this is to bless the latest version with a lower
blessing than any version you want to keep.

-Martin

AW: Howto remove...

Georg Heeg
Travis,

the easy way is to use a blessing level broken and to garbage collect all
broken packages.

The more sophisticated way is to use the Store API. You can find some more
detailed information in some of my Smalltalk Solutions presentations. I am
on the road now thus I do not have access to the precise URL.

Georg

Re: AW: Howto remove...

Travis Griggs

On Jan 18, 2006, at 1:10, Georg Heeg wrote:

> Travis,
>
> the easy way is to use a blessing level broken and to garbage
> collect all
> broken packages.
>
> The more sophisticated way is to use the Store API. You can find
> some more
> detailed information in some of my Smalltalk Solutions
> presentations. I am
> on the road now thus I do not have access to the precise URL.

Thanks for the suggestions.

What I found most useful/powerful in the end was to use Glorp. Mucho
thanks to Alan K and Martin K (it's the K twins!) for getting me
pointed in the right direction. The expression to do so in my case was:

session delete: (session read: StorePackage where: [:each | each name
= 'SUnitToo' & each version = '21']) first

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist