Http POST problems

Long Haired David
I asked recently if there was a way to do a POST through Seaside but didn't get an answer.

I have worked at it and got it going but I am confused abut a few things. My Web Page that is the target for the POST is subclassed from WAComponent. I have two issue that I have had to deal with.

The first is that processing of the POST incoming data requires two instance variables to exist - seasideMimeDocument
seasideMimeDocumentType

I had to add these to my top level class and then everything seemed OK except that the data was missing.

In the WARequest object there is a variable called postFields so someone had foreseen the need for handling a POST  but this field is empty.

There is a field in the headers called content_type and for now I have replaced the more usual "application/json" with my json data and I can get it from there.

Can anyone give me a clue what I can do to fix this?

David

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Http POST problems

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi David,

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Maybe if you posted more detail about what you are trying to do.

Have you read this:

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 6:21 PM David Pennington <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I am sorry but I can't see any directions here, just some bullet points on a slideshow.

David

For POST, there is the WARestComponentFilter

So you can expose a REST endpoint.

Phil

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:21 PM, David Pennington <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Message sent using Winmail Mail Server

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Http POST problems

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
David,

What exactly are you trying to do ? What is the context ?

Do you want to build a REST interface ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer

If so, the Seaside REST package are one answer. But you don't need Seaside as such, there are lower level solutions too.

Or do you want to 'drive' a Seaside app, like in a test scenario ?

For that, there are solutions too.

Sven