Http authentication not working with proxy

Http authentication not working with proxy

Andre Tibben
We are trying to access a soap service that requires http authentication. This works fine when done locally but when we enable a proxy the authentication header isn't send.

The problem seems to be in HttpProtocolInterpreter>>prepareRequestToSend. When a proxy is enabled the authentication username and password are replaced with the proxy username and password.

Am I overlooking something or is this not supported in Visualworks ? And if the last is there a workaround available without having to override the above method ?

Andre Tibben