Https client

hernan.wilkinson
Hi,
 we need to issue a post using https. We read about SWHTTPClient and CurlPlugIn.
 It sounds like SWHTTPClient does not support Https correctly (from what we read, is that right? ), so we tried CurlPlugIn but we could not make it work. We tried to download VMMaker from Universes to build the plug-in and it did not download (it gives a compile error).
 So, could somebody help us with this? Is somebody using CurlPlugIn on Linux 64 bits or 32 bits? Is there a place to download the binary code instead of having to build it? Or is it there another client to issue https requests?

 Thanks,
 Hernan.

Re: Https client

David T. Lewis
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:42:11PM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>  we need to issue a post using https. We read about SWHTTPClient and
> CurlPlugIn.
>  It sounds like SWHTTPClient does not support Https correctly (from what we
> read, is that right? ), so we tried CurlPlugIn but we could not make it
> work. We tried to download VMMaker from Universes to build the plug-in and
> it did not download (it gives a compile error).

Try using the latest VMMaker from http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker.
The version that you got from Universes is now quite out of date.

Dave

Re: Https client

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi dave

do you know if there is a way to publish a newer one to the universe
or delete the current one?

Stef

On Aug 11, 2009, at 4:13 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:42:11PM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
>> Hi,
>> we need to issue a post using https. We read about SWHTTPClient and
>> CurlPlugIn.
>> It sounds like SWHTTPClient does not support Https correctly (from
>> what we
>> read, is that right? ), so we tried CurlPlugIn but we could not
>> make it
>> work. We tried to download VMMaker from Universes to build the plug-
>> in and
>> it did not download (it gives a compile error).
>
> Try using the latest VMMaker from http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker.
> The version that you got from Universes is now quite out of date.
>
> Dave

Re: Https client

hernan.wilkinson
Hi David,
 thank you for your answer. I tried to downloaded but it need FFIConstants and KlattResonatorIndices... I downloaded Alien but when downloading VMMaker, Monticello ask me for FFIConstants and I could not find the KlattResonatorIndices package... I feel kind of dumb, but could you tell me the packages for those things?

 Thanks,
 Hernan.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:13 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:42:11PM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>  we need to issue a post using https. We read about SWHTTPClient and
> CurlPlugIn.
>  It sounds like SWHTTPClient does not support Https correctly (from what we
> read, is that right? ), so we tried CurlPlugIn but we could not make it
> work. We tried to download VMMaker from Universes to build the plug-in and
> it did not download (it gives a compile error).

Try using the latest VMMaker from http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker.
The version that you got from Universes is now quite out of date.

Dave

Re: Https client

Mariano Martinez Peck
FFIConstants  is FFI package, not Alien FFI. This last one is a new implementation of FFI.

To load FFI (not alien) on Pharo, just evaluate: ScriptLoader loadFFI

I don't know what KlattResonatorIndices is.

2009/8/11 Hernan Wilkinson <[hidden email]>
Hi David,
 thank you for your answer. I tried to downloaded but it need FFIConstants and KlattResonatorIndices... I downloaded Alien but when downloading VMMaker, Monticello ask me for FFIConstants and I could not find the KlattResonatorIndices package... I feel kind of dumb, but could you tell me the packages for those things?

 Thanks,
 Hernan.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:13 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:42:11PM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>  we need to issue a post using https. We read about SWHTTPClient and
> CurlPlugIn.
>  It sounds like SWHTTPClient does not support Https correctly (from what we
> read, is that right? ), so we tried CurlPlugIn but we could not make it
> work. We tried to download VMMaker from Universes to build the plug-in and
> it did not download (it gives a compile error).

Try using the latest VMMaker from http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker.
The version that you got from Universes is now quite out of date.

Dave

Re: Https client

David T. Lewis

I am away from Squeak/Pharo at the moment so this is from memory, but the
Klatt constants are part of the speech support. You should be able to load
a copy through SqueakMap or Universes. I think that the package is called
"Klatt" or possibly "Speech" (I don't remember for sure). In any case, the
constants are required only for the KlattPlugin, which you do not need to
build, so you can probably just ignore this error.

You definitely do need the FFI package. I think you can get it through
SqueakMap. I'm not sure if that's the latest version, but it will
give you the FFI constants, which is all that you need to do the VM build.

Sorry for the poor answer, but hopefully enough to get you started.

Dave

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:21:40AM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi David,
>  thank you for your answer. I tried to downloaded but it need FFIConstants
> and KlattResonatorIndices... I downloaded Alien but when downloading
> VMMaker, Monticello ask me for FFIConstants and I could not find the
> KlattResonatorIndices package... I feel kind of dumb, but could you tell me
> the packages for those things?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Hernan.
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:13 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:42:11PM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >  we need to issue a post using https. We read about SWHTTPClient and
> > > CurlPlugIn.
> > >  It sounds like SWHTTPClient does not support Https correctly (from what
> > we
> > > read, is that right? ), so we tried CurlPlugIn but we could not make it
> > > work. We tried to download VMMaker from Universes to build the plug-in
> > and
> > > it did not download (it gives a compile error).
> >
> > Try using the latest VMMaker from http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker.
> > The version that you got from Universes is now quite out of date.
> >
> > Dave

Re: Https client

hernan.wilkinson
Thanks... but now I'm getting a compile error loading VMMaker: 'Cannot compile -- stack including temps is too deep'... anyway...

2009/8/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
FFIConstants  is FFI package, not Alien FFI. This last one is a new implementation of FFI.

To load FFI (not alien) on Pharo, just evaluate: ScriptLoader loadFFI

I don't know what KlattResonatorIndices is.

2009/8/11 Hernan Wilkinson <[hidden email]>

Hi David,
 thank you for your answer. I tried to downloaded but it need FFIConstants and KlattResonatorIndices... I downloaded Alien but when downloading VMMaker, Monticello ask me for FFIConstants and I could not find the KlattResonatorIndices package... I feel kind of dumb, but could you tell me the packages for those things?

 Thanks,
 Hernan.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:13 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:42:11PM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>  we need to issue a post using https. We read about SWHTTPClient and
> CurlPlugIn.
>  It sounds like SWHTTPClient does not support Https correctly (from what we
> read, is that right? ), so we tried CurlPlugIn but we could not make it
> work. We tried to download VMMaker from Universes to build the plug-in and
> it did not download (it gives a compile error).

Try using the latest VMMaker from http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker.
The version that you got from Universes is now quite out of date.

Dave

Re: Https client

David T. Lewis
That sounds familiar. I think one of the plugins has a method that is too
long and complicated to compile under the new closure compiler. Sorry I
don't remember which one, but it's not one that you need so if you can
get past the error it should not cause further problems.

Sounds like I need to test loading VMMaker into a fresh image with closures!

Dave

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:45:47AM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> Thanks... but now I'm getting a compile error loading VMMaker: 'Cannot
> compile -- stack including temps is too deep'... anyway...
>
> 2009/8/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>
> > FFIConstants  is FFI package, not Alien FFI. This last one is a new
> > implementation of FFI.
> >
> > To load FFI (not alien) on Pharo, just evaluate: ScriptLoader loadFFI
> >
> > I don't know what KlattResonatorIndices is.
> >
> > 2009/8/11 Hernan Wilkinson <[hidden email]>
> >
> > Hi David,
> >>  thank you for your answer. I tried to downloaded but it need FFIConstants
> >> and KlattResonatorIndices... I downloaded Alien but when downloading
> >> VMMaker, Monticello ask me for FFIConstants and I could not find the
> >> KlattResonatorIndices package... I feel kind of dumb, but could you tell me
> >> the packages for those things?
> >>
> >>  Thanks,
> >>  Hernan.

Re: Https client

David T. Lewis
FYI, it's the GeniePlugin that has the stack depth problem:

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2009-May/002721.html

Dave

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:26:00AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> That sounds familiar. I think one of the plugins has a method that is too
> long and complicated to compile under the new closure compiler. Sorry I
> don't remember which one, but it's not one that you need so if you can
> get past the error it should not cause further problems.
>
> Sounds like I need to test loading VMMaker into a fresh image with closures!
>
> Dave
>

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:45:47AM -0300, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:
> > Thanks... but now I'm getting a compile error loading VMMaker: 'Cannot
> > compile -- stack including temps is too deep'... anyway...
> >
> > 2009/8/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > FFIConstants  is FFI package, not Alien FFI. This last one is a new
> > > implementation of FFI.
> > >
> > > To load FFI (not alien) on Pharo, just evaluate: ScriptLoader loadFFI
> > >
> > > I don't know what KlattResonatorIndices is.
> > >
> > > 2009/8/11 Hernan Wilkinson <[hidden email]>
> > >
> > > Hi David,

Re: Https client

Danil Osipchuk-2
Hernan hi

I added a SAR installer for a 32-bit linux version of recent
CurlPlugin to the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5865

If stars are favorable it may work.

I could not reproduce a linking hack when plugin was partially linked
statically against libcurl and dynamically against everything else
(probably because of gcc toolset changes). So it is linked dynamically
and you need more or less recent libcurl.so.4 installed in your
system.

regards,
  Danil