[Hudson] News

Marcus Denker-4
-> Image after tests have run is now saved as a zip with a better name. e.g:
                https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo/job/Pharo%201.2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Pharo-1.2-AfterRunningTests.zip

-> Now we have a scheme in place for re-using generated images further "down" in the build stream
     This means: Core is updated, then saved. Then a build of Full is triggered automatically, re-using the updated Core.
     Full then is saved, usable for other projects (ie clients like Seaside or experimental things ike RPackacke or Opal)

     For one, this saves some build time and it makes builds on top of Full actually practical.
     (this means my Opal image is always up-to date and I can start just with fresh image in the morning)

-> Therefore, we have now a "Pharo-Clients" tab:

          https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo-Clients/

    I am adding Seaside now, but we can add whatever we want to have knowledge on how changes influence clients.
    (So if you want your project here, just send a mail with build instructions!)

-> For Coral I am experimenting with dedicated regression test projects. This will be good for many things in the image,
    too. (e.g. writing new sources, condensing changes, recompiling, decompiling...)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Hudson] News

Geert Claes
Administrator
Nice, maybe we should rename the tab "Tous" to "All" :)

Re: [Hudson] News

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 4, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Geert Claes wrote:

> Nice, maybe we should rename the tab "Tous" to "All" :)

I do not now how (it has no button for renaming like the others)

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Hudson] News

I love that!
Gorgeous!

Stef

> -> Image after tests have run is now saved as a zip with a better name. e.g:
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo/job/Pharo%201.2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Pharo-1.2-AfterRunningTests.zip
>
> -> Now we have a scheme in place for re-using generated images further "down" in the build stream
>     This means: Core is updated, then saved. Then a build of Full is triggered automatically, re-using the updated Core.
>     Full then is saved, usable for other projects (ie clients like Seaside or experimental things ike RPackacke or Opal)
>
>     For one, this saves some build time and it makes builds on top of Full actually practical.
>     (this means my Opal image is always up-to date and I can start just with fresh image in the morning)
>
> -> Therefore, we have now a "Pharo-Clients" tab:
>
>          https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo-Clients/
>
>    I am adding Seaside now, but we can add whatever we want to have knowledge on how changes influence clients.
>    (So if you want your project here, just send a mail with build instructions!)
>
> -> For Coral I am experimenting with dedicated regression test projects. This will be good for many things in the image,
>    too. (e.g. writing new sources, condensing changes, recompiling, decompiling...)
>

> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: [Hudson] News

Igor Stasenko
On 4 February 2011 13:34, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I love that!
> Gorgeous!

Yes, that what means 'buildin on top of ...'.

In that way people could quite easily follow the bleeding edge,
because in minutes after pharo-core update
they could see what new change meant to their own project, if it works
well or breaks something badly.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Hudson] News

Miguel Cobá
Very good!

El vie, 04-02-2011 a las 12:42 +0100, Marcus Denker escribió:

> -> Image after tests have run is now saved as a zip with a better name. e.g:
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo/job/Pharo%201.2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Pharo-1.2-AfterRunningTests.zip
>
> -> Now we have a scheme in place for re-using generated images further "down" in the build stream
>      This means: Core is updated, then saved. Then a build of Full is triggered automatically, re-using the updated Core.
>      Full then is saved, usable for other projects (ie clients like Seaside or experimental things ike RPackacke or Opal)
>
>      For one, this saves some build time and it makes builds on top of Full actually practical.
>      (this means my Opal image is always up-to date and I can start just with fresh image in the morning)
>
> -> Therefore, we have now a "Pharo-Clients" tab:
>
>           https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo-Clients/

Why not Pharo-Distributions?

>     I am adding Seaside now, but we can add whatever we want to have knowledge on how changes influence clients.
>     (So if you want your project here, just send a mail with build instructions!)
>
> -> For Coral I am experimenting with dedicated regression test projects. This will be good for many things in the image,
>     too. (e.g. writing new sources, condensing changes, recompiling, decompiling...)

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz

Re: [Hudson] News

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 4, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Miguel Cobá wrote:

>>          https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo-Clients/
>
> Why not Pharo-Distributions?

Hmm... that would be something else... a client can let his distribution be build
by the hudson, but you don't need to... I do not want to be the Distribution for Seaside, for example.

The Seaside community should do that.