Hudson and Squeaksource statistics

Torsten Bergmann
See www.squeaksource.com:
"Most Downloads: Pharo, Seaside, Seaside 3.0, Moose, ..."

Side effect of the Hudson builds ;)

Re: Hudson and Squeaksource statistics

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> See www.squeaksource.com:
> "Most Downloads: Pharo, Seaside, Seaside 3.0, Moose, ..."
>
> Side effect of the Hudson builds ;)

Hm, maybe this is the cause of the recent performance problems of
squeaksource.com.

Levente

> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Hudson and Squeaksource statistics

Yanni Chiu
On 11/02/11 9:12 AM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>
>> See www.squeaksource.com:
>> "Most Downloads: Pharo, Seaside, Seaside 3.0, Moose, ..."
>>
>> Side effect of the Hudson builds ;)
>
> Hm, maybe this is the cause of the recent performance problems of
> squeaksource.com.

Each Hudson job retains its own package-cache directory, which is
symbolically linked for each build cycle. Only newer .mcz's need to be
downloaded for each build cycle.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> On 11/02/11 9:12 AM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>
>>> See www.squeaksource.com:
>>> "Most Downloads: Pharo, Seaside, Seaside 3.0, Moose, ..."
>>>
>>> Side effect of the Hudson builds ;)
>>
>> Hm, maybe this is the cause of the recent performance problems of
>> squeaksource.com.
>
> Each Hudson job retains its own package-cache directory, which is
> symbolically linked for each build cycle. Only newer .mcz's need to be
> downloaded for each build cycle.

Okay, then maybe it's simply seaside vs a lot of sessions. :)

Levente

Re: Hudson and Squeaksource statistics

I do not think so. Squeaksource was always instable.
Then soon we will have a cool server (in about two or three months).
Now hudson automatic builds are **really** important to us (they are the basis for software engineering practices
with a stress on engineering) so do not spoil our fun, you will not succeed :).

Now if we see that squeaksource get down more than usual we will see what actions we can take to resolve that.

Stef

On Feb 11, 2011, at 3:12 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>
>> See www.squeaksource.com:
>> "Most Downloads: Pharo, Seaside, Seaside 3.0, Moose, ..."
>>
>> Side effect of the Hudson builds ;)
>
> Hm, maybe this is the cause of the recent performance problems of squeaksource.com.
>

> Levente
>

>> --
>> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
>> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Hudson and Squeaksource statistics

> See www.squeaksource.com:
>>> "Most Downloads: Pharo, Seaside, Seaside 3.0, Moose, ..."
>>>
>>> Side effect of the Hudson builds ;)
>>
>> Hm, maybe this is the cause of the recent performance problems of
>> squeaksource.com.
>
> Each Hudson job retains its own package-cache directory, which is symbolically linked for each build cycle. Only newer .mcz's need to be downloaded for each build cycle.

Good to know.
We should pay attention that these caches are not flushed.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I do not think so. Squeaksource was always instable.
> Then soon we will have a cool server (in about two or three months).
> Now hudson automatic builds are **really** important to us (they are the basis for software engineering practices
> with a stress on engineering) so do not spoil our fun, you will not succeed :).

Don't be so negative. Where's the positive energy now? ;)

Levente