Hudson and version number

Luc Fabresse
Hi all,

 I was looking the results of the 1.2 build #33.

 Where is displayed the version number of the 1.2 used for this build?
 Was it the12271?

Thanks,

#Luc

Re: Hudson and version number

Marcus Denker-4

On Dec 8, 2010, at 8:25 AM, Luc Fabresse wrote:

Hi all,

 I was looking the results of the 1.2 build #33.

 Where is displayed the version number of the 1.2 used for this build?
 Was it the12271?

I always loads all updates... so it's the version that was available at the time
of build. It would be nice to display the update number... if anyone has an
idea how to do that?

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

On Dec 8, 2010, at 9:35 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

On Dec 8, 2010, at 8:25 AM, Luc Fabresse wrote:

Hi all,

 I was looking the results of the 1.2 build #33.

 Where is displayed the version number of the 1.2 used for this build?
 Was it the12271?

I always loads all updates... so it's the version that was available at the time
of build. It would be nice to display the update number... if anyone has an
idea how to do that?

And I forgot: after an update is commited, the build starts automatically within
2 minutes. So in the end this means: the latest build on Hudson is the latest
update available.

Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Hudson and version number

Adrian Lienhard
That's how I did it:

Install the "Hudson description setter plugin" [1]

From Pharo, when you do the build and know the last build number, log this version to stdout (e.g., "[version] 1.2 #12421").

In the job config enable "Set build description" and add the following settings:
- Set build description: "\[version\] (.*)"

[1] http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Description+Setter+Plugin

Like this you get a description below each build as shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers,
Adrian

Screen shot 2010-12-08 at 09.46.10 .png (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Hudson and version number

Luc Fabresse
I guess it was the latest version.
Yes it would be good to integrate the version number to retrieve it after.
Thanks for the info.

#Luc

2010/12/8 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
That's how I did it:

Install the "Hudson description setter plugin" [1]

From Pharo, when you do the build and know the last build number, log this version to stdout (e.g., "[version] 1.2 #12421").