Hyperion (vector graphics editor and GUI designer using Athens)

1 message Options

Hyperion (vector graphics editor and GUI designer using Athens)

kilon.alios
Hey guys I would like to announce my new Pharo project "Hyperion".

Hyperion is going to be a vector graphics editor with 2 goals. The first goal is to allow you to make your own vector graphics that you will be able to export to SVG format and other formats with similar functionality to Inkscape. The second goal is for Hyperion to be used not only for vector graphics but also as a GUI designer as well, which means the vector graphics produced will be interactive and the user will define the interaction.

Hyperion is based on Athens and Morpheas. Athens is the well known vector graphics library for Pharo , Morpheas will be a GUI api I am making that has the goal of simplifying Morphic and making it more friendly with GUI designers (Hyperion) and custom look GUIs.

As a first step I implemented the ability to move the end point of a line around using the mouse. This functionality though far less powerful than Inkscape (and probably nowhere near its 1/1000 functionality) its the foundation that most of the functionality of Hyperion will be based on.

Probably it may be too early to announce it but nonetheless I decided to do so for people that can offer help , advice and direction.

You can find Hyperion in Smalltalkhub here http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~kilon/Hyperion though there is very little to show right now (just fetch latest commit and open a workspace and do "Hyperion open").  I do hope however that in 6 months I have something substantial to show and maybe in a year or so be able to release version 1. I will report back once per month with my progress.