Hyperlinked Navigation with RB

Mircea Lungu
Hello,

        I was wondering if there is any extension of the refactoring browser
which would support hyperlinked navigation. I think it would be nice
and useful if one could go to the implementors of a method by double-
clicking, or shift-clicking, or whatever other kind of clicking on it.

        Do you know of any such work? I could put some time and try to
implement it if it were not there, but I would not like to reinvent
the wheel.

Thanks and,
Best regards,
Mircea Lungu.

Re: Hyperlinked Navigation with RB

Michael Lucas-Smith
If you load up HyperRBCodeHighlighting, you'll basically get this behaviour. Things 'underline' as you mouse over them and the right click menu options act upon the underlined object.

Cheers,
Michael

> Hello,

>         I was wondering if there is any extension of the refactoring browser
> which would support hyperlinked navigation. I think it would be nice
> and useful if one could go to the implementors of a method by double-
> clicking, or shift-clicking, or whatever other kind of clicking on it.

>         Do you know of any such work? I could put some time and try to
> implement it if it were not there, but I would not like to reinvent
> the wheel.

> Thanks and,
> Best regards,
> Mircea Lungu.

Re: Hyperlinked Navigation with RB

Randy Coulman

On 3/28/06, Michael Lucas-Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you load up HyperRBCodeHighlighting, you'll basically get this behaviour. Things 'underline' as you mouse over them and the right click menu options act upon the underlined object.

I tried loading this in a 7.4 image.  It loaded a bunch of old 7.2.1 RB parcels.  Pre-req problem?

Thanks,
Randy
Randy Coulman

RE: Hyperlinked Navigation with RB

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
It didn't actually load them. Indeed it lists old RB parcels as pre-reqs and
what you're seeing are simply warnings printed to the transcript.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

On 3/28/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
It didn't actually load them. Indeed it lists old RB parcels as pre-reqs and
what you're seeing are simply warnings printed to the transcript.

I was hopeful after reading your message, but I tried again, and it really does load those packages (and renders my RB non-functional, which isn't too surprising).  The packages in question include RBEnvironments, RBParser, RBBaseUI.  I forget the rest.

Randy
Randy Coulman

RE: Hyperlinked Navigation with RB

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Are you sure your home directory is set to the right place? I have 7.4
release and this is what I get when I load it into the stock virgin image,

Autoloading HyperRBCodeHighlighting from
$(VISUALWORKS)\contributed\HyperRBCodeHighlighting\HyperRBCodeHighlighting.p
cl
Autoloading RBCodeHighlighting from
$(VISUALWORKS)\contributed\RBCodeHighlighting\RBCodeHighlighting.pcl
Autoloading SmaCC Runtime from $(VISUALWORKS)\contributed\SmaCC\SmaCC
Runtime.pcl
Autoloading ExtraEmphases from $(VISUALWORKS)\contributed\ExtraEmphases.pcl
parenthesisDepth is Undeclared
counter is Undeclared
bracketDepth is Undeclared
alteredTexts is Undeclared

So it looks like there's something different about your setup AFAICT.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Hyperlinked Navigation with RB

Alan Knight-2
I'm going to guess that if it's not the home directory or parcel path, that this is because of setting VW up to load prerequisites out of the database, rather than loading the prerequisite parcels. This wsa the same problem that Charles Monteiro had with Oracle connect a couple of weeks ago.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross

Fwd: Hyperlinked Navigation with RB

Randy Coulman
On 3/29/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you sure your home directory is set to the right place? I have 7.4
release and this is what I get when I load it into the stock virgin image,

So it looks like there's something different about your setup AFAICT.

[reply]
Yes, there is.  I had my Store prefs set to look for packages and bundles first.  Changing that to parcels fixed the problem.  /me is sheepish.

Thanks for the help,

Randy
--
Randy Coulman