I broke my autocompleter

NorbertHartl
Hi,

I broke my autocompleter. I did some updates and now
I don't know which caused the problem. On my way to find
my problem I'm asking myself:

- What is the best scriptaculous version for the latest
  Seaside 2.7b1?
- Is it sufficient to have a look in SULibrary and dump
  all methods in selectorsToInclude to files and add them
  to updateRoot: ?
- In case of lightbox how do I find a good combination
  of seaside scriptaculous und lightbox which work together?

My problem is that I get a whole page back while requesting
via the autocompleter.

thanks,

Norbert

Re: I broke my autocompleter

Lukas Renggli
> - What is the best scriptaculous version for the latest
>   Seaside 2.7b1?

I would try Scriptaculous-lr.179 (according to the commit log).

> - Is it sufficient to have a look in SULibrary and dump
>   all methods in selectorsToInclude to files and add them
>   to updateRoot: ?

Yes, but it is probably easier if you just download the right version
from script.aculo.us. If you use SUSortable with a tree-structure, you
manually need to copy the patch to a file that comes with SULibrary.

> - In case of lightbox how do I find a good combination
>   of seaside scriptaculous und lightbox which work together?

Mhh, they are together in one package, no?

> My problem is that I get a whole page back while requesting
> via the autocompleter.

I don't get that sentence.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: I broke my autocompleter

NorbertHartl
On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 17:42 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> > - What is the best scriptaculous version for the latest
> >   Seaside 2.7b1?
>
> I would try Scriptaculous-lr.179 (according to the commit log).

Ok, thanks, I came to 174 with a working setup.

> > - Is it sufficient to have a look in SULibrary and dump
> >   all methods in selectorsToInclude to files and add them
> >   to updateRoot: ?
>
> Yes, but it is probably easier if you just download the right version
> from script.aculo.us. If you use SUSortable with a tree-structure, you
> manually need to copy the patch to a file that comes with SULibrary.

I'll try downloading scriptaculous direct from the web site.

> > - In case of lightbox how do I find a good combination
> >   of seaside scriptaculous und lightbox which work together?
>
> Mhh, they are together in one package, no?

Yes, but the bundle that light box brings along doesn't fit
automatically the requirements of seaside, right? The point
for me is that I just missed the version note in the scriptaculous
pieces which are included in seaside. I just need to search a
version of seaside/scriptaculous and version of lightbox that
fit together.

> > My problem is that I get a whole page back while requesting
> > via the autocompleter.
>
> I don't get that sentence.

It is very hot today :) Brains do not always work well under such
conditions. I meant that I was able to trigger an ajax event with
the broken combination of scripts. But what I got back from the
ajax request wasn't a unordered list like in the autocompleter
sample but a complete page where the component is a part of.

Btw. seaside and scriptaculous are coupled rather tightly. wouldn't
it be a good idea to have differenct versions for scriptaculous as
well? I mean scriptaculous2.7b1 and scriptaculus2.8a1.

Thanks,

Norbert

Re: I broke my autocompleter

Lukas Renggli
> Btw. seaside and scriptaculous are coupled rather tightly. wouldn't
> it be a good idea to have differenct versions for scriptaculous as
> well? I mean scriptaculous2.7b1 and scriptaculus2.8a1.

Yes, that would be probably a good idea. Generally we try to avoid
dependencies between the two packages (some versions of Scriptaculous
worked with Seaside 2.7 and 2.8), but at some specific points we had
to break the compatibility. We will have to discuss how we want to
tackle that kind of problems.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli