I have a complaint about image palette conversion using nearestPaint ...

1 message Options

I have a complaint about image palette conversion using nearestPaint ...

Dennis smith-4
I have an image with an off-white background.  I edit it, change the
background
to white and install it (cool image editor).

This has the image (a depth-32 image) render itself into a MappedPalette
which
contains both white and black, but neither white nor black render as
white or black, but something close to it.

I then try and build a mask from the image and since there is no REAL
white, the mask is
all black -- very handy.

Would it not seem reasonable to forget "nearest" for black and white and
render them as that??

--
Dennis Smith                        [hidden email]
Cherniak Software Development Corporation       +1 905.771.7011