I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

Christopher J. Demers
Does anyone else miss the Class Hierarchy Browser "new method" toolbar
button?  Apparently I had been in the habit of using this button in Dolphin
5.  I am now using the Method\New menu command.  It looks like I can also
click on empty space in the method list to get a blank method source pane,
but if the methods fill the list then there is no empty space to click.  I
like the idea of a one click new method.  I don't like Ctrl-A, Delete
because I like getting a prompt if I forgot to save the method I was
previously working on.  It looks like there is plenty of room on the
toolbar.  Is there a reason this button was removed?

How do others feel about this?  I am sure I can adapt, but I do miss the
"new method" button.  I don't so much care about the "new class" button
though.

Chris

Re: I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Chris,

> How do others feel about this?  I am sure I can adapt, but I do miss the
> "new method" button.  I don't so much care about the "new class" button
> though.

I'm really just getting started, having run D5.1 on an ME system
(seriously) for a pilot run on an new study.  I have often used the new
method button, and seldom used the new class button.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

Osvaldo Aufiero-4
I don't miss that, but I DO miss other buttons, like (i) to show inherited
methods.

"Christopher J. Demers" <[hidden email]> escribió en el
mensaje news:[hidden email]...
> Does anyone else miss the Class Hierarchy Browser "new method" toolbar
> button?  Apparently I had been in the habit of using this button in
Dolphin

> 5.  I am now using the Method\New menu command.  It looks like I can also
> click on empty space in the method list to get a blank method source pane,
> but if the methods fill the list then there is no empty space to click.  I
> like the idea of a one click new method.  I don't like Ctrl-A, Delete
> because I like getting a prompt if I forgot to save the method I was
> previously working on.  It looks like there is plenty of room on the
> toolbar.  Is there a reason this button was removed?
>
> How do others feel about this?  I am sure I can adapt, but I do miss the
> "new method" button.  I don't so much care about the "new class" button
> though.
>
> Chris

Re: I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

Louis Sumberg-2
> How do others feel about this?  I am sure I can adapt, but I do miss the
> "new method" button.  I don't so much care about the "new class" button
> though.

I too miss the "new method" button and can adapt.  I also use the "new
class" button, though obviously not as often, and can adapt
likewise.  I definitely miss the "Show inherited methods" and "Browse
local hierarchy" buttons - and for the latter I don't see a menu
equivalent.  I'd like to see all 4 buttons in D6 (there is certainly
plenty of room on the toolbar).

Two nice additions in D6 are Method/Browse/All Changes and
Method/Browse/Method History.  Edit/Undo is great and History/Undo&Redo
are fantastic!

-- Louis

Re: I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

Blair McGlashan
"Louis Sumberg" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>> How do others feel about this?  I am sure I can adapt, but I do miss the
>> "new method" button.  I don't so much care about the "new class" button
>> though.
>
> I too miss the "new method" button and can adapt.  I also use the "new
> class" button, though obviously not as often, and can adapt
> likewise.  I definitely miss the "Show inherited methods" and "Browse
> local hierarchy" buttons - and for the latter I don't see a menu
> equivalent.  I'd like to see all 4 buttons in D6 (there is certainly
> plenty of room on the toolbar).
>
> Two nice additions in D6 are Method/Browse/All Changes and
> Method/Browse/Method History.  Edit/Undo is great and History/Undo&Redo
> are fantastic!

Its worth mentioning that Method History is one of Ian's add-ons (and very
useful it is too). Since by common consent we won't be shipping add-on
tools, you'll have to remember to install this one separately in future.

Regards

Blair

Re: I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

Chris Uppal-3
Christopher J. Demers wrote:

> Does anyone else miss the Class Hierarchy Browser "new method" toolbar
> button?  Apparently I had been in the habit of using this button in
> Dolphin

I miss all of those buttons.  (Raised as an ER)

    -- chris

Re: I miss Class Hierarchy Browser new method button...

Schwab,Wilhelm K
> I miss all of those buttons.  (Raised as an ER)

While we're asking for buttons to be restored, how about the up/down
buttons in the VC.  I have found them on the arrange(???) tab, and would
not remove them from it, but would appreciate their appearing on the
toolbar so they are alway visible - they are that useful IMHO.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.