I would like to request a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

I would like to request a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

Ken Causey-3
Having been a board member and now again just a member of the overall
community I find that I'm suddenly aware of the lack of clear
communication from the SqueakFoundation Board as a group, seperate from
communication from the individual Board members.  I believe the Board
and the community would be better served if the Board were to issue a
monthly or even bi-monthly report summarizing the decisions and current
thoughts of the Board.

I appreciate it if you would consider this,

Ken

Re: I would like to request a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

Chris Muller
Even in your relief your fine community service continues.  Thanks Ken.

RE: I would like to request a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

Ron Teitelbaum
+1

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno mer, 19/04/2006 alle 16.35 -0500, Ken Causey ha scritto:
> I believe the Board
> and the community would be better served if the Board were to issue a
> monthly or even bi-monthly report summarizing the decisions and current
> thoughts of the Board.

I agree.

        Giovanni

Re: I would like to request a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

stéphane ducasse-2
Yes I totally agree. Sorry!

Here is basically my report.
        - not really a big start.
        - too busy to work to do anything useful besides 3.9alpha (which got
stalled since I was working like a mad and marcus took some days off)
        - tried to see the set of tasks that we could do but did not get
that much feedback
        - trying to see if sqf could be hosted under an organization I
forgot the name
        - should migrate the sqF website
        - still would like to do find a way to spend the money to improve
squeak

Stef

On 19 avr. 06, at 23:35, Ken Causey wrote:

> Having been a board member and now again just a member of the overall
> community I find that I'm suddenly aware of the lack of clear
> communication from the SqueakFoundation Board as a group, seperate
> from
> communication from the individual Board members.  I believe the Board
> and the community would be better served if the Board were to issue a
> monthly or even bi-monthly report summarizing the decisions and
> current
> thoughts of the Board.
>
> I appreciate it if you would consider this,
>
> Ken

re: a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

ccrraaiigg

        Uh, Stef jumped the gun on this one (in particular, he didn't discuss
the content of his message with the rest of the board). At this very
moment the board is composing a report that already has more to report.

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

re: a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

Ken Causey-3
Thanks I would prefer something a bit more formal with more detailed
information.  I look forward to getting the full report.

Ken

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 10:52 -0700, Craig Latta wrote:
> Uh, Stef jumped the gun on this one (in particular, he didn't discuss
> the content of his message with the rest of the board). At this very
> moment the board is composing a report that already has more to report.
>

> -C

RE: a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

Peter Crowther-2
> From: Ken Causey
> Thanks I would prefer something a bit more formal with more detailed
> information.  I look forward to getting the full report.

Oh, I dunno... we could always ask each board member to report *what
they think* the board is doing, without reference to the other board
members.  I suspect we'd quickly find out how well the board members
communicated with each other :-).

<carefully removes tongue from cheek, where it was placed for this
email>

                - Peter

Re: a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

timrowledge

On 20-Apr-06, at 1:20 PM, Peter Crowther wrote:

>> From: Ken Causey
>> Thanks I would prefer something a bit more formal with more detailed
>> information.  I look forward to getting the full report.
>
> Oh, I dunno... we could always ask each board member to report *what
> they think* the board is doing, without reference to the other board
> members.  I suspect we'd quickly find out how well the board members
> communicated with each other :-).
You mean there are others? I thought I was in here all alone,
listening to my delusions.

tim
Strange OpCodes: START: Cancel preceding jobs in queue

Re: a regular SqueakFoundation Board Report

Andreas.Raab
tim Rowledge wrote:
> You mean there are others? I thought I was in here all alone, listening
> to my delusions.

It's evil laughter, Tim. "one milllllion dollars"

   - A.

On 20-Apr-06, at 1:27 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> tim Rowledge wrote:
>> You mean there are others? I thought I was in here all alone,
>> listening to my delusions.
>
> It's evil laughter, Tim. "one milllllion dollars"
Sorry but we don't take soft currency any more. That would be 'one
milllllllion Euro' these days.

tim
Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow.