IC-Packaging: "Shared bytecodes with different literals size"

IC-Packaging: "Shared bytecodes with different literals size"

Marten Feldtmann-2
I started again working with VASmalltalk and for our Portobello-Project I wanted to include the REST libraries from Adrian and package them in our base IC file - and this does not work.

When packaging the system with this REST application I get the error mentioned above and when the error pops up, the method in work contains the enhanced pragma styles introduced with 8.5.2 ? I am not sure, if this is the reason for the error.

Removing the REST application and packaging is working again.

Now the question: is IC packaging not possible any more when using these enhanced pragma styles ?

Re: IC-Packaging: "Shared bytecodes with different literals size"

joerg.trundt
Marten,

I remember several threads on the integration of the REST feature. We have the feature running for months with VASmalltalk 8.5.1.

The problem is a bug in EsDumper>>compactMethods: for the case of having two similar methods with identical bytecodes, but one of them is using a method pragma and the other not.

I've changed all methods in WARouteBuilder using a method pragma (for example: all senders of #method:) with a dummy code fragment (generating more complex byte codes and reducing the likelihood of identical bytecodes) and packaging works fine.

Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2013 23:53:10 UTC+1 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
I started again working with VASmalltalk and for our Portobello-Project I wanted to include the REST libraries from Adrian and package them in our base IC file - and this does not work.

When packaging the system with this REST application I get the error mentioned above and when the error pops up, the method in work contains the enhanced pragma styles introduced with 8.5.2 ? I am not sure, if this is the reason for the error.

Removing the REST application and packaging is working again.

Now the question: is IC packaging not possible any more when using these enhanced pragma styles ?

Re: IC-Packaging: "Shared bytecodes with different literals size"

Marten Feldtmann-2
Case INST50289 and Instantiations is working on it

Re: IC-Packaging: "Shared bytecodes with different literals size"

Dusty-2
Dragging this up again, but, how'd this work out for the guys at Instantiations?