IC Packaging with EswOldSwapper in 8.5.1

1 message Options

IC Packaging with EswOldSwapper in 8.5.1

tstalzer
Hi

Our application uses passive IC components für packaging and distribution.

If you use the ObjectSwapper to dump/load objects, the application "EswOldSwapper" gets included in the image. If you use the standard creation mechanism for setting up passive images you'll end up with Version 8.5.1 of EswOldSwapper in the active image and version 5.5 in the passive image.

As we are not using the OldSwapper anyway, this shouldn't be a problem. However, the "packagerIncludeDoitMethods" method specifies the classfunctions "dllName" and "dllName:" as "must include". However, these methods have been ommitted in the 8.5.1 version.

This forces a fatal error during the packaging process with the text "UndefinedObject >> #packagerIncludeDoitMethods - Execution error".

To solve this, just load the current version of EswOldSwapper.

Also, as a suggestion, please include more debugging information in the EpPackager >> execute:withReceiver:andArguments:inImage:. What really helped me is to include more information about the signal being thrown. (It took me now more than 2 hours to figure this out)

--Thomas