IDE fonts on ME

Bill Schwab
Blair,

The recent patch does appear to fix the cursor/menu problem on ME.  As we
discussed, the extra menu still exists, and it probably is just versioning
of the rich text control.  There's one more wrinkle: the default font set in
Dolphin Options is not universally respected.  It's almost as though newly
created workspaces do not use the selected font, but, not quite - sorry for
the hyper-accurate report :)   Re-accepting the font seems to fix all open
workspaces, and I _think_ that at least some views open with the correct
font.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: IDE fonts on ME

Bill Schwab-2
Blair,

A little more testing: as you suspected, removing the extra menu in
RichTextEdit fixes that problem.  So, now it's down to figuring out which
version of what to test ~:(   Of course, I'll gladly try candidate patches
and/or get any version info that you need off of the ME boxes.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: IDE fonts on ME

Blair McGlashan
Bill

You wrote in message news:9h3rs6$2rd$[hidden email]...

> The recent patch does appear to fix the cursor/menu problem on ME.  As we
> discussed, the extra menu still exists, and it probably is just versioning
> of the rich text control.  There's one more wrinkle: the default font set
in
> Dolphin Options is not universally respected.  It's almost as though newly
> created workspaces do not use the selected font, but, not quite - sorry
for
> the hyper-accurate report :)   Re-accepting the font seems to fix all open
> workspaces, and I _think_ that at least some views open with the correct
> font.

It sounds like a RichEdit versioning issue - version 3.0 of the RichEdit
control
emulates 1.0 (and 2.0) on Win2K, rather than shipping separated 1.0 and 2.0
components as on previous versions of Windows. It would appear that you have
this setup on your Me machine. I'm a little confused by that since it does
seem to be the standard Me setup (I've just done a fresh Windows Me
installation and I don't see the problems you mention, and the standard
RichEd32.dll from Windows 95 is there - on Win2K it exists but is only 4Kb).
Anyway however you acquired the emulated version, like most emulations, RE
3.0's emulation of 1.0 is not exactly the same (Microsoft fixed at least one
bug, and introduced at least one other), and hence it is necessary to work
around these in
Dolphin. Up to now Dolphin has only applied the workarounds when it finds
itself running on Win2K, however this is really testing the wrong thing (it
is dependent on the version of the RichEdit control and only coincidentally
on the Windows version). The attached patch extends the version check to
include Me and should fix both problems. Obviously its not ideal because it
compounds the error of checking the OS version rather than for v3.0 of the
RichEdit control, but I won't know how to do the latter reliably until I've
investigated it a bit further.

(A message to other Me users: Don't apply this patch unless you are
experiencing the same problems that Bill is describing, because if you do
your context menus may no longer pop-up on right click in rich text fields
such as workspaces).

Regards

Blair

begin 666 richedv3.st
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M(%1I;65S(%)O;6%N(@T*"2AS96QF(&9O;G0@:7-.:[hidden email]!;<V5L9B!I
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`
end