IDE minutia

1 message Options

IDE minutia

Bill Schwab-2
Andy and Blair,

One of the ways I avoid hard to find errors in presenter code is to find
someting similar to what I want, and drag the method(s) to the "new" class.
It's very common for these methods to not compile, which is ok because I'm
really just trying to get the correct selector and have a reasonable idea of
whether/where to super send, etc.  Where I'm going with this is that I think
it would be nice to remove (or make optional) the "... did not compile"
message box and simply take the target browser to the (red) source code for
the new but troubled method.

While I'm "complaining", the red color that's used for errors is (IMHO) too
bright.  Any chance of using perhaps the Symbol color??  An uncompileable
method shows up all in one color anyway, so reusing anything but the comment
color is probably fine.  I know there's a way to hack an image to do this;
but, I always seem to stop doing so just as a new release stabilizes :(

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.