IE 6.0 plugin support

drtau-3
Anyone know if there have been any further developments for plugin
support in IE 6.0?  Any thoughts on how the Dolphin plugin will work in IE 6.0?

Re: IE 6.0 plugin support

drtau
IE 6.0 has been officially released, and it looks like there is no
plugin support :-(   (or java support - you need to download the
JVM seperately).  I guess Microsoft is recommending that you
deploy applets as ActiveX components.  So, would that be
the new strategy for deploying Dolphin applets?  I also read
discussions about trying to build an ActiveX wrapper that
supports the Netscape plugin API to provide backwards
compatibility - an interesting thought.  Any comments?

drtau wrote:

> Anyone know if there have been any further developments for plugin
> support in IE 6.0?  Any thoughts on how the Dolphin plugin will work in IE 6.0?

Re: IE 6.0 plugin support

Don Rylander-3
One annoying addition to this topic: plugins don't work in IE 5.5 sp 2, either.
See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q303/4/01.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&F
R=0&qry=plugin&rnk=13&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=IE

Don