IGF Files

Glenn Swanlund-3
Is there a way to create gif methods in Dolphin? I see a comment in
methods like "'imgs/fast/fast-archives.gif' asFilename contentsAsMethod"
which appears to be from VW. Your help would be appreciated.

BTW, Aida/Web is looking very good. I see it is LGPL'd so adding
subclasses to the provided classes does not require those subclasses to
be LGPL'd as well, is this correct?

Regards,
Glenn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

GIF Files

Janko Mivšek
Hi Glenn,

Welcome aboard and thanks for encouraging words!

Glenn Swanlund wrote:
> Is there a way to create gif methods in Dolphin? I see a comment in
> methods like "'imgs/fast/fast-archives.gif' asFilename contentsAsMethod"
> which appears to be from VW. Your help would be appreciated.

I don't have Dolphin on hand right now but here is a String (not
Filename) method from my VW image and I think it can be helpful:

String>>contentsAsMethod
     "return a body of method with a literal array with contents
     of that string"
     | input output |
     input := self readStream.
     output := WriteStream with: String new.
     output nextPutAll: '^#['.
     [input atEnd] whileFalse:
         [output nextPutAll: input next asInteger asString; nextPut: $ ].
     output nextPutAll: ']'.
     ^output contents

" 'visual.cha' contentsAsMethod "

> BTW, Aida/Web is looking very good. I see it is LGPL?d so adding
> subclasses to the provided classes does not require those subclasses to
> be LGPL?d as well, is this correct?

Exactly. Subclassing is kind of using a C library, IMHO, so LGPL is
valid for subclassing too.

Best regards
Janko

--