[IMPORTANT] Accommodation booking @ ESUG'14

Luc Fabresse
Hi all,

This year, ESUG'14 will be held at Cambridge and the local organizers (special thanks to David Chisnall) have pre-booked rooms at the Trinity Hall College (http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/conferences/accommodation/).
Going from the accommodation to the conference place is 15-20 minutes by walking and 5 minutes on a bike.

If you want a room there, you *must* book it through ESUG before *15th of June*.
We are very sorry for short delays but we must have a clear vision on the numbers very soon.

There are 2 kinds of rooms: those with shared bathroom (55EUR/night) and the en-suite rooms (92/night).

Please book your room (if needed) by sending a mail to [hidden email] using the template below.
You will then receive an invoice.

----- MAIL TEMPLATE for ACCOMMODATION BOOKING -----

- Name of the attendee: John Doe

- Shared-bathroom (55EUR/night) or en-suite room (92EUR/night): en-suite

- Breakfast (15EUR/night): yes

- Arrival date: 17th

- Departure date: 22nd
- I also want to book a bike for all the week (30 EUR): no

- I will pay by credit card/paypal or bank transfer: paypal
(infos will be on the invoice)

Re: [IMPORTANT] Accommodation booking @ ESUG'14

Luc Fabresse
Hi all,

This email REPLACE previous email.

Thanks to Niall, find more accurate infos in this email and I also corrected the wrong price of en-suite rooms.

This year, ESUG'14 will be held at Cambridge and the local organizers (special thanks to David Chisnall) have pre-booked rooms at the Trinity Hall College (http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/conferences/accommodation/).
Going from the accommodation to the conference place is 15-20 minutes by walking and 5 minutes on a bike.

If you want a room there, you *must* book it through ESUG before *15th of June* (NB: June and _not_  July; do not confuse this deadline with the early-bird deadline).
We are very sorry for short delays but we must have a clear vision on the numbers very soon.

There are 2 kinds of rooms: those with shared bathroom (55EUR/night) and the en-suite rooms (92/night).

Please book your room (if needed) by sending a mail to [hidden email] using the template below.
You will then receive an invoice.

----- MAIL TEMPLATE for ACCOMMODATION BOOKING -----

Send _one_ email per person, if two people are coming, send two emails.

All rooms are singles.  (you may request adjacent rooms when checkin.)

- Name of the attendee: YOUR NAME

- Please reserve (delete unused line)
       One shared-bathroom room (55EUR/night)
   or
       One en-suite room (92EUR/night)

- Include Breakfast (15EUR/night): yes/no (delete one)

- Arrival date: 17th
- Departure date: 22nd
(You may ask some days before or after.)

- I also want to book a bike for all the week (30 EUR): yes/no (delete one)

- I will pay by (delete unused line)
   credit card/paypal
or
   bank transfer:

Payment instructions (in EUR only) will be on the invoice.  You must pay by 30th of June.

Best,

#Luc

[...]

Sabine Manaa
Hi Luc,

for people who can not yet decide whether it is possible to come to esug14 or not:

*can you please send a google maps link or address to the computer lab (to find hotels nearby)?
*will you also provide a list of hotel suggestions like the last year?

thank you!

Regards
Sabine

Re: [IMPORTANT] Accommodation booking @ ESUG'14

David Chisnall
On 30 May 2014, at 11:49, Sabine Knöfel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *can you please send a google maps link or address to the computer lab (to
> find hotels nearby)?

The computer lab is in the William Gates Building:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSAZ2Po-?layers=N&m=

The accommodation that we have reserved is in Trinity Hall's Wychfield site, just down the road:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSDPLdZ-?layers=N&m=

(No Google Maps links because their map data is shockingly bad in Cambridge)

> *will you also provide a list of hotel suggestions like the last year?

We don't have a list of hotels other than the university accommodation.  There aren't many on this side of Cambridge.  The Møller Centre is very convenient, but unfortunately is fully booked for the week of the conference.

Arundel House is fairly close (20-25 minutes walk, 5 minutes bike):

http://www.arundelhousehotels.co.uk/cambridge/

There is a YourSpace apartment on Chesterton Road that is a similar distance and may be of interest:

http://www.yourspaceapartments.com

MSR Cambridge has a list of recommended hotels, but they've now moved to the other end of town, so the locations are not optimal:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/labs/cambridge/accommodations.aspx

Hotel Felix is very nice, but a bit out of town (not too bad for getting to the CL on a bike):

http://www.hotelfelix.co.uk

There's a Doubletree by Hilton on the backs, which is about 25 minutes walk (5-10 minute cycle) from the CL, but very convenient for town (including the conference dinner).

The Hotel du Vin is very nice, but a little bit further away from the CL:

https://www.hotelduvin.com/locations/cambridge/

I hope this helps,

David

Re: [IMPORTANT] Accommodation booking @ ESUG'14

Sabine Manaa
Hi David,

thank you very much for this!

Sabine

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM, David Chisnall [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 30 May 2014, at 11:49, Sabine Knöfel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *can you please send a google maps link or address to the computer lab (to
> find hotels nearby)?

The computer lab is in the William Gates Building:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSAZ2Po-?layers=N&m=

The accommodation that we have reserved is in Trinity Hall's Wychfield site, just down the road:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSDPLdZ-?layers=N&m=

(No Google Maps links because their map data is shockingly bad in Cambridge)

> *will you also provide a list of hotel suggestions like the last year?

We don't have a list of hotels other than the university accommodation.  There aren't many on this side of Cambridge.  The Møller Centre is very convenient, but unfortunately is fully booked for the week of the conference.

Arundel House is fairly close (20-25 minutes walk, 5 minutes bike):

http://www.arundelhousehotels.co.uk/cambridge/

There is a YourSpace apartment on Chesterton Road that is a similar distance and may be of interest:

http://www.yourspaceapartments.com

MSR Cambridge has a list of recommended hotels, but they've now moved to the other end of town, so the locations are not optimal:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/labs/cambridge/accommodations.aspx

Hotel Felix is very nice, but a bit out of town (not too bad for getting to the CL on a bike):

http://www.hotelfelix.co.uk

There's a Doubletree by Hilton on the backs, which is about 25 minutes walk (5-10 minute cycle) from the CL, but very convenient for town (including the conference dinner).

The Hotel du Vin is very nice, but a little bit further away from the CL:

https://www.hotelduvin.com/locations/cambridge/

I hope this helps,

David

http://forum.world.st/IMPORTANT-Accommodation-booking-ESUG-14-tp4760389p4760967.html
To start a new topic under ESUG, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ESUG, click here.
NAML

Re: [IMPORTANT] Accommodation booking @ ESUG'14

Holger Kleinsorgen
David Chisnall wrote
> *can you please send a google maps link or address to the computer lab (to
> find hotels nearby)?

The computer lab is in the William Gates Building:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSAZ2Po-?layers=N&m=

The accommodation that we have reserved is in Trinity Hall's Wychfield site, just down the road:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSDPLdZ-?layers=N&m=

(No Google Maps links because their map data is shockingly bad in Cambridge)

> *will you also provide a list of hotel suggestions like the last year?

We don't have a list of hotels other than the university accommodation.  There aren't many on this side of Cambridge.  The Møller Centre is very convenient, but unfortunately is fully booked for the week of the conference.
Probably a bit too late:

University Rooms also offers rooms in other colleges that are quite close and affordable:
http://www.universityrooms.com/en/city/cambridge/home

e.g. Churchill College is 1,25km away from the lab and costs 65 pound per night.

Re: [IMPORTANT] Accommodation booking @ ESUG'14

Holger Kleinsorgen
Probably a bit too late:

University Rooms also offers rooms in other colleges that are quite close and affordable:
http://www.universityrooms.com/en/city/cambridge/home

e.g. Churchill College is 1,25km away from the lab and costs 65 pound per night.

David Chisnall wrote
On 30 May 2014, at 11:49, Sabine Knöfel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *can you please send a google maps link or address to the computer lab (to
> find hotels nearby)?

The computer lab is in the William Gates Building:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSAZ2Po-?layers=N&m=

The accommodation that we have reserved is in Trinity Hall's Wychfield site, just down the road:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSDPLdZ-?layers=N&m=

(No Google Maps links because their map data is shockingly bad in Cambridge)

> *will you also provide a list of hotel suggestions like the last year?

We don't have a list of hotels other than the university accommodation.  There aren't many on this side of Cambridge.  The Møller Centre is very convenient, but unfortunately is fully booked for the week of the conference.

Re: [IMPORTANT] Accommodation booking @ ESUG'14

NiallRoss
I've updated the Hotels page with the info.