[IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

12

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

jfabry

Guys, how should I adapt my CI job ?

> On Dec 15, 2015, at 12:25, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Sorry for the stupid question, but how should I adapt my CI job? I saw that the last build failed with no tests being run, so I guess this was due to the VM being changed.
>
>> On Dec 14, 2015, at 07:24, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 5) You will need to adapt your Pharo 5.0 related apps and CI processes (to take care about new VM).
>

> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

CyrilFerlicot
You can use this:

wget --quiet -O - get.pharo.org/$PHARO+$VM | bash

at the beginng of your script to get the latest image and VM. With
that you will have a spur image and a spur vm.

And at the end:

rm *.image *.changes
rm -rf pharo-vm

If there is still a problem I think it is a bug in Pharo with the migration.

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

jfabry

Unfortunately my script is already doing that (except for removing the vm). :-( Anything else I can try or am I stuck until this is fixed upstream?

> On Dec 17, 2015, at 12:00, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You can use this:
>
> wget --quiet -O - get.pharo.org/$PHARO+$VM | bash
>
> at the beginng of your script to get the latest image and VM. With
> that you will have a spur image and a spur vm.
>
> And at the end:
>
> rm *.image *.changes
> rm -rf pharo-vm
>
> If there is still a problem I think it is a bug in Pharo with the migration.
>

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Guys, how should I adapt my CI job ?
>>
>>> On Dec 15, 2015, at 12:25, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Sorry for the stupid question, but how should I adapt my CI job? I saw that the last build failed with no tests being run, so I guess this was due to the VM being changed.

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile
>>>

>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>
>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile
>>

> --
> Cheers
> Cyril Ferlicot

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

CyrilFerlicot
Your build is on Pharo-contribution ?
Maybe someone can take a look to see what is wrong :)

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Unfortunately my script is already doing that (except for removing the vm). :-( Anything else I can try or am I stuck until this is fixed upstream?
>
>> On Dec 17, 2015, at 12:00, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You can use this:
>>
>> wget --quiet -O - get.pharo.org/$PHARO+$VM | bash
>>
>> at the beginng of your script to get the latest image and VM. With
>> that you will have a spur image and a spur vm.
>>
>> And at the end:
>>
>> rm *.image *.changes
>> rm -rf pharo-vm
>>
>> If there is still a problem I think it is a bug in Pharo with the migration.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Guys, how should I adapt my CI job ?

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers
>> Cyril Ferlicot
>>

> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

Peter Uhnak
Johan,

what error are you getting?
Because that script is downloading latest image and vm, which is
already spur, so the CI should keep working without any changes.

At least my CI job (at pharo-contrib) corrently launches the new image
with new vm.

Peter

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Cyril Ferlicot
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Your build is on Pharo-contribution ?
> Maybe someone can take a look to see what is wrong :)
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately my script is already doing that (except for removing the vm). :-( Anything else I can try or am I stuck until this is fixed upstream?
>>
>>> On Dec 17, 2015, at 12:00, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> You can use this:
>>>
>>> wget --quiet -O - get.pharo.org/$PHARO+$VM | bash
>>>
>>> at the beginng of your script to get the latest image and VM. With
>>> that you will have a spur image and a spur vm.
>>>
>>> And at the end:
>>>
>>> rm *.image *.changes
>>> rm -rf pharo-vm
>>>
>>> If there is still a problem I think it is a bug in Pharo with the migration.

>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Cyril Ferlicot
>>>

>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>
>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile
>>

> --
> Cheers
> Cyril Ferlicot

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

jfabry
It sais that no tests are run: Latest Test Result(no tests) But I think I found it, the problem is apparently in one of the packages that I load which does not work anymore; the PPCompiler. I will check with the authors of that package.

( Here is the URL of the job: https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/LiveRobotProgramming/ )

> On Dec 17, 2015, at 13:20, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Johan,
>
> what error are you getting?
> Because that script is downloading latest image and vm, which is
> already spur, so the CI should keep working without any changes.
>
> At least my CI job (at pharo-contrib) corrently launches the new image
> with new vm.
>
> Peter
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Cyril Ferlicot
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Your build is on Pharo-contribution ?
>> Maybe someone can take a look to see what is wrong :)
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Unfortunately my script is already doing that (except for removing the vm). :-( Anything else I can try or am I stuck until this is fixed upstream?

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers
>> Cyril Ferlicot

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

Peter Uhnak
Well the problem is PPCompiler not working with Spur (or whatever),
not that CI doesn't support Spur.

My pharo-contrib job keeps working even with Spur without any change,
so once you resolve the PPCompiler (and maybe others) it should work
ok.

Peter

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It sais that no tests are run: Latest Test Result(no tests) But I think I found it, the problem is apparently in one of the packages that I load which does not work anymore; the PPCompiler. I will check with the authors of that package.
>
> ( Here is the URL of the job: https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/LiveRobotProgramming/ )
>
>> On Dec 17, 2015, at 13:20, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Johan,
>>
>> what error are you getting?
>> Because that script is downloading latest image and vm, which is
>> already spur, so the CI should keep working without any changes.
>>
>> At least my CI job (at pharo-contrib) corrently launches the new image
>> with new vm.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Cyril Ferlicot
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Your build is on Pharo-contribution ?
>>> Maybe someone can take a look to see what is wrong :)

>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Cyril Ferlicot
>>>

> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 17-12-15 15:54, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Guys, how should I adapt my CI job ?

What about jobs that also target older Pharo images?
Duplicate the job?

Stephan

Do you use multiproject? Because there you can setup a build matrix.

Le 17/12/2015 21:55, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
> On 17-12-15 15:54, Johan Fabry wrote:
>>
>> Guys, how should I adapt my CI job ?
>
> What about jobs that also target older Pharo images?
> Duplicate the job?

You can use a matrix with Pharo in parameter (20/30/40/50) and this
command:

wget --quiet -O - get.pharo.org/$PHARO+vm | bash

will get a Cog VM for Pharo 2-3-4 and a spur VM for Pharo 5 and later :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: [IMPORTANT] Starting migration to Spur VM

EuanM
I'm happy to help with GUI design stuff.  (I'm formally trained in HCI and in UI methods, e.g. STUDIO) Simply email me.
12